Descripción del Trabajo
At Jabil we strive to make ANYTHING POSSIBLE and EVERYTHING BETTER. With over 260,000 diverse, talented and dedicated employees across 100 locations in 30 countries, our vision is to be the most technologically advanced and trusted manufacturing solutions provider. We combine an unmatched breadth and depth of end-market experience, technical and design capabilities, manufacturing know-how, supply chain insights and global product management expertise to enable success for the world’s leading brands. We are driven by a common purpose to make a positive impact for each other, our communities, and the environment.
Opportunity Made Better Made Possible - are you ready to join the team?
The Senior Test Engineer will be responsible for partnering with a Fortune 5 account and will be responsible for directing all workcell test engineering staff in operating within area of assigned responsibilities with a high level of efficiency, integrity and enthusiasm, striving to achieve excellence in all endeavors. The Senior Test Engineer will design, develop and maintain test procedures, tester hardware and software for electronic circuit board production.
IN YOUR ROLE YOU WILL
· Identify creative ways to reduce cost by streamlining processes and systems (i.e. modification of responsibilities or consolidation of tasks, elimination of non-value-added processes, or complete re-engineering of processes and systems).
· Utilize tools to monitor departmental cost and cost trends, striving continuously to improve value.
· Provide feedback to Test Engineering Manager on cost and cost trends.
· Communicate all aspects of design and development to customer’s engineering staff.
· Perform duties, which involve conventional engineering practices that may include a variety of complex duties from ICT, FVT, ESS to System level test.
· Monitor the performance of each Workcell, with regards to test, giving guidance to ensure continuous improvements.
· Manage the engineering test function for standard and/or custom devices.
· Identify and evaluate test procedures and test equipment required to perform quality checks.
· Manage equipment and product test performance and make recommendations for changes in the testing process.
· Develop special test equipment and software text programs as required for the successful completion of project.
· Develop customer setup training program for new product testing procedures.
· Lead and implement training and assist test engineers.
· Explore new avenues and test technologies for quality improvements on product assigned.
· Perform detailed analysis on test quality of product assigned, identify trends and spearhead corrective actions.
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Minimum 5+ years work-related experience required in industrial engineering or related discipline in a new product introduction/testing environment
- Understanding and application of broad range of industrial engineering tools (ie. Work measurement, simulation, process mapping, facilities and workstation design, operations research, etc.)
- Understanding of site’s facilities, capabilities and how they tie back to the Jabil strategies and direction
- Strong financial and analytical ability
- Proven track record of successful change management accomplishments, implementing and management continuous improvements and cost reduction programs
- Strong communication skills
- Proficiency in use of personal computers, Microsoft Office products, Microsoft Visio, Microsoft Project, and AutoCAD skills required.