Descripción del Trabajo
Jabil EMS (Electronic Manufacturing Systems) Ireland, Blanchardstown Dublin 15 are hiring a Process Engineer to join our Engineering Department. The role involves:
- Develops and implements production/processing methods and controls to meet quality standards in the most efficient manner for new and existing assembly/molding processes.
- Monitors the assembly/molding process; troubleshooting problem processes and assisting in resolving quality issues. Provides technical expertise on various projects/production jobs and processes as required.
Key Responsibilities and End Results:
- Implement the startup of new/existing projects/production jobs, optimizing cost, efficiency and quality.
- Establish and ensure process control and maintains appropriate documentation.
- Monitor the assembly/molding process running in production; troubleshoot problems associated with processes, and assist in resolving quality issues.
- Establish processes for new product lines; document product development and changes; evaluate new product performance; and monitor new tool design.
- Debug moderately complex problems within a portion of new systems, tooling and automation.
- Implement experiments to enhance processes as well as improve yields and utilization through reduced cycle and efficient set-up.
- Implement maintenance changes in process improvements; propose or specify repair alteration of automation while ensuring adequate documentation is maintained.
- Maintain a clean and safe work environment; supporting all company safety programs and initiatives.
- May provide direction to assembly and material handling employees as necessary.
- Support all company safety and quality programs and initiatives.
- Using relevant technical principles and standard strategies such as Lean and Six Sigma principles, discovers and implements process improvements for existing manufacturing processes.
- Lead and participate in investigations, plans, and tasks to resolve process issues such as nonconformances (NC), complaint investigations, audit observations, and Corrective and Preventive Actions (CAPA).
- Lead and participate in projects, which include designing and implementing a plan and timetable, as well as achieving the project's goals and objectives.
- Supports manufacturing sectors in terms of quality standards, compatible documentation, capacity, product availability, and cost.
- Assists in the purchase of new equipment, including user need requirements, machine selection, installation, validation, employee training, and other related equipment activities as needed.
- May perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Proficiency in use of personal computers, Microsoft Office products (Excel, Word and PowerPoint) and e-mail skills required
- Highly motivated and enthusiastic individual with strong communication and interpersonal skills and ability to work with cross functional teams.
- Strong planning & organisational skills and attention to detail.
- Proficiency in the English language is a requirement alongside eligibility to work in Ireland.
- Proven ability to meet deadlines.
- A “can do” work ethic with excellent problem-solving skills
- BS degree in Manufacturing / Mechanical / Industrial Engineering or other technical discipline. May substitute experience in lieu of educational requirements.
- 2-4 years’ experience working in manufacturing/engineering in a similar role.
- Previous experience leading Lean / Continuous Improvement projects highly advantageous.
- Experience in electronic manufacturing environment is highly desirable.
- Experience in leading process improvements / lean manufacturing activities in a manufacturing environment is advantageous.
- Lean Certification.