Descripción del Trabajo
Responsible for managing MRP to ensure that materials supply equals demand and to support optimization of overall cost of materials.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
· Develop supply base and Supply Chain strategies that are unique to customer or for Business Unit Strategic materials.
· Support customer’s business needs using standard process where possible and customized solutions where necessary. Collaborate with Purchasing manager and SCM to determine the best approach to meet the customer needs. Influence customer’s supply chain strategies to leverage those of Jabil.
· Communicate Jabil expectations to the suppliers. Conduct supplier audit / visits, certifications, and performance reviews to develop and continuously improve supply base. Obtain feedback from Materials Planners on suppliers’ delivery, quality, and service performance.
· Support, execute, and provide inputs to improve Jabil SCM initiatives and strategies.
· Quote new and existing materials. Work with Materials Quotation Analyst if applicable. Frequently re-quote and negotiate to capitalize on cost reduction opportunities.
· Make sourcing decisions based on overall cost and benefit including price, duty, freight, flexibility, service, performance, quality, and terms & conditions.
· Negotiate terms and conditions that protect the best interest of Jabil and its customers. Negotiate liability terms, special stocking arrangements, and other agreements that are outside of standard Jabil terms and conditions.
· Ensure execution of Jabil pricing and terms & conditions agreements such as World Wide Purchasing Agreements that are negotiated and agreed to by Jabil.
· Improve sourcing options by working with Jabil’s internal resources and customers to add Jabil preferred and/or strategic suppliers to customer’s Approved Manufacturer’s List (AML).
· Analyze and project component purchase prices that accurately reflect the inventory value for a financial period in Standard Costing process.
· Provide input to determine Quoted Cost to the Customer that is competitive yet maximizes the amount of Materials Price Variance (MPV).
· Continuously optimize MPV by reducing the cost of materials and by limiting unfavorable PPV/MPV. Work with BUM to obtain customers’ authorization for additional expenses such as premiums on materials or freight and tooling charges incurred on customers’ behalf.
· Collaborate with Materials Planners and monitor, track, and provide feedback on suppliers’ performance for continuous improvement.
· Work with Materials Planners to ensure that suppliers support overall business needs of Jabil.
· Adhere to all safety and health rules and regulations associated with this position and as directed by supervisor.
· Comply and follow all procedures within the company security policy.
· May perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
· Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume
· Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry
· Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public
· Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions
· Ability to operate a personal computer including using a Windows based operating system and related software
· Advanced PC skills, including training and knowledge of Jabil’s software packages
· Ability to write simple correspondence; Read and understand visual aid
· Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out simple one- or two-step instructions
· Ability to deal with standardized situations with only occasional or no variables
· Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals; Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret graphs
High school diploma or equivalent
Bachelors Degree strongly preferred
At least 3 years of relative industry experience