At Jabil we strive to make ANYTHING POSSIBLE and EVERYTHING BETTER. With over 260,000 diverse, talented and dedicated employees across 100 locations in 30 countries, our vision is to be the most technologically advanced and trusted manufacturing solutions provider. We combine an unmatched breadth and depth of end-market experience, technical and design capabilities, manufacturing know-how, supply chain insights and global product management expertise to enable success for the world’s leading brands. We are driven by a common purpose to make a positive impact for each other, our communities, and the environment.
Descripción del Trabajo
Project Manager II will lead and support assigned projects, programs and initiatives of medium to high complexity applying project management expertise to support the company and group’s strategy. Manage assigned projects through the various stages of the project lifecycle, from concept to implementation. This includes developing SOW, business proposals, functional requirements, project plan w/milestones, financials, and implementation plan. Provide management and guidance toward successful collaboration with multi-functional groups and direct project team responsible for implementation of Jabil’s strategies.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
· Define concise goals and objectives within a project framework
· Ensure all project requirements and/or objectives are correctly gathered, understood and properly translated for execution.
· Define and recognize project Key Performance Indicators and manage the work within scope, quality, time and cost constraints
· Conduct project risk reviews and appropriate mitigation
· Facilitate communication as appropriate to all involved and "manage" the stakeholders. This includes escalate issues to the next level of management
· Forecast project budget and staffing needs for current and future site needs
· Accountable for overall project success - including cost, schedule, quality, and scope management.
· Manage the overall budget of assigned projects.
· Accountable for customer satisfaction / relationship both internal and external as deemed relative or necessary to project success.
· Ability to form and lead strong multi-functional teams to achieve company and/or customer objectives.
· Understand and exceed customer (internal or external) needs and expectations.
· Identify creative ways to implement corrective actions in cost effective manner.
· Utilize tools to track changes and identify cost impact for review with senior management.
· Provide feedback to project team and leaders on concerns with cost.
· Prepare timely forecasts for projects.
· Compare forward forecast results to historical actual results for trend assessment and analysis.
· Forecast quarterly and annual projects where applicable
· Drive the wider team to continuously improve in key operational metrics and the achievement of the project & organizational goals.
· Develops and owns project plan, establishing a road map with clear dates and clear deliverables.
· Provide regular project updates to project team, relevant departments, stakeholders, project champions and senior leadership as needed.
· Works with stakeholders to define project road maps and deliverables.
· Clarifies and communicates project objectives and success criteria.
· Establish and maintain communications with both customer personnel and senior management as needed.
· Ensure all sensitive and confidential information is handled appropriately.
· Facilitate communication and education for all interested parties as deemed necessary
· Responsible for managing cross-divisional / cross-functional / cross-cultural teams.
· Builds and structures integrated teams to ensure maximum performance; provides direction and motivation.
· Mentors and coaches project team members. Gives and receives both written and verbal feedback.
· Identify and prepare proposals that close gaps and mitigate risk.
· Adhere to all safety and health rules and regulations associated with this position and as directed by supervisor.
· Comply and follow all procedures within the company security policy.
· May perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
· Experience managing multiple projects simultaneously.
· Ability to form and lead strong multi-functional teams to achieve company and customer (internal or external) objectives.
· Organize verbal and written ideas clearly and use an appropriate business style.
· Ability to effectively present information to management and/or customer personnel.
· Ability to respond in a timely fashion to common inquiries or complaints.
· Define, develop and implement strategies contribute to the overall company and group strategic direction.
· Demonstrate high performance orientation, detail orientation, market knowledge and sound judgment
· Demonstrate ability to build and leverage partnerships, implement change and manage projects.
· Proficiency in use of personal computers, Microsoft Office products (Excel, Word and PowerPoint) and e-mail skills required.
· Advanced PC skills, including training and knowledge of Jabil’s software packages in an integrated system such as SAP
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
· Bachelor’s degree in business management or equivalent required.
· Minimum of 3-5 years prior experience in project management in an applicable discipline.
· Previous experience in electronic manufacturing services a plus.
· PMP Certification preferred.
· Or an equivalent combination of education, experience and / or training.
Jabil, including its subsidiaries, is an equal opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identify, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
BE AWARE OF FRAUD: When applying for a job at Jabil you will be contacted via correspondence through our official job portal with a jabil.com e-mail address; direct phone call from a member of the Jabil team; or direct e-mail with a jabil.com e-mail address. Jabil does not request payments for interviews or at any other point during the hiring process. Jabil will not ask for your personal identifying information such as a social security number, birth certificate, financial institution, driver’s license number or passport information over the phone or via e-mail. If you believe you are a victim of identity theft, contact your local police department. Any scam job listings should be reported to whatever website it was posted in.