At Jabil we strive to make ANYTHING POSSIBLE and EVERYTHING BETTER. With over 260,000 diverse, talented and dedicated employees across 100 locations in 30 countries, our vision is to be the most technologically advanced and trusted manufacturing solutions provider. We combine an unmatched breadth and depth of end-market experience, technical and design capabilities, manufacturing know-how, supply chain insights and global product management expertise to enable success for the world’s leading brands. We are driven by a common purpose to make a positive impact for each other, our communities, and the environment.
Descripción del Trabajo
Responsible for SEC filings and providing guidance to plant controllers on implementing new accounting pronouncements.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
· Prepares SEC filings including Form 10-Q’s, Form 10-K’s and Form 8-K’s.
· Works with external legal counsel in the preparation of SEC filings.
· Researches new accounting pronouncements to determine how they impact Jabil.
· Works with the plant controllers to ensure they are handling transactions in accordance with US GAAP and to provide guidance on how to implement new accounting pronouncements.
· Researches complex one-off type transactions to ensure they are being handled properly from an accounting perspective.
· Maintains the books for international tax entities.
· Consolidates certain key general ledger information from all plants.
· Coordinates certain audit work with the external auditors.
· Assists with the purchase accounting valuations for new acquisitions.
· Coordinates with the plants to obtain the consolidated reporting package for year-end reporting.
· Research accounting issues for executive management.
· Training other employees both within and outside the department.
· Must be analytical and knowledgeable in accounting procedures and practices and be capable of working independently with general supervision from the Finance & Administration Director.
· Adhere to all safety and health rules and regulations associated with this position and as directed by supervisor.
· Comply and follow all procedures within the company security policy.
Bachelor’s degree in Accounting and 3-5 years experience in public accounting or private industry with similar responsibilities. Master’s degree is preferred, but not required. CPA license is required. Strong analytical expertise, attention to detail and organization, excellent written and oral communication skills. Ability to handle multiply tasks simultaneously in a fast paced work environment.
Jabil, including its subsidiaries, is an equal opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identify, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
BE AWARE OF FRAUD: When applying for a job at Jabil you will be contacted via correspondence through our official job portal with a jabil.com e-mail address; direct phone call from a member of the Jabil team; or direct e-mail with a jabil.com e-mail address. Jabil does not request payments for interviews or at any other point during the hiring process. Jabil will not ask for your personal identifying information such as a social security number, birth certificate, financial institution, driver’s license number or passport information over the phone or via e-mail. If you believe you are a victim of identity theft, contact your local police department. Any scam job listings should be reported to whatever website it was posted in.