Descripción del Trabajo
The Cost Accounting Manager of Financial Planning and Analysis (FP&A) is responsible for analyzing and communicating current, future, and strategic cost initiatives with the FP&A team and other functions. Specific activities may include: cost initiatives, forecasting, internal reporting, modeling and other discretionary projects as directed by management. Working as a member of the finance team, this position primarily performs day-to-day finance related activities designed to analyze and execute the company’s Cost initiatives and results.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Recruitment and Retention:
· Recruit, interview and appoint globally dispersed FP&A team members.
· Communicate criteria to recruiters for FP&A candidates/positions.
· Coach FP&A staff in the interviewing/hiring process.
· Drive collaboration with finance, operations, and business development functions.
· Monitor team member turnover; identify key factors that can be improved; make improvements.
Employee and Team Development:
· Identify individual and team strengths and development needs on an ongoing basis.
· Create and/or validate training curriculum in area of responsibility.
· Coach and mentor FP&A teams to deliver excellence to every internal and external customer.
· Create and manage succession plans for FP&A teams.
· Establish clear measurable goals and objectives by which to determine individual and team results (i.e. operational metrics, results against project timelines, training documentation, attendance records, knowledge of operational roles and responsibilities, personal development goals).
· Solicit ongoing feedback from plant and corporate personnel, peers and team member on team member’s contribution to the team. Provide ongoing coaching and counseling to team member based on feedback.
· Express pride in staff and encourage them to feel proud for their accomplishments.
· Perform team member evaluations professionally and on time.
· Drive individuals and the team to continuously improve in key operational metrics and the achievement of the organizational goals.
· Coordinate activities of large teams and keep them focused in times of crises.
· Ensure recognition and rewards are managed fairly and consistently in area of responsibility.
· Provide periodic communication forum for the exchange of ideas and information with the department/function.
· Organize verbal and written ideas clearly and use an appropriate business style.
· Ask questions and encourage input from staff and other functions/team members.
· Assess communication style of individual team members and adapt accordingly.
FUNCTIONAL MANAGEMENT RESPONSIBILITIES
Cost Management and Direction:
· Know and understand the global cost initiatives when communicated.
· Help define, develop and implement cost strategies, which contribute to the global strategic directions.
· Maintain an understanding of business activities, operations and systems, and global footprint.
· Provide regular updates to Senior Management on the execution of cost initiatives through quantitative and qualitative communication.
· Manage various cost related activities including modeling, communicating strategic understanding, and coordinating internal functions.
· Identify creative ways to reduce cost by streamlining processes and systems (i.e. modification of responsibilities or consolidation of tasks, elimination of non-value-added processes, or complete re-engineering of processes and systems).
· Utilize tools to monitor departmental cost and cost trends, striving continuously to improve value.
· Provide feedback to peers on cost and cost trends.
TECHNICAL MANAGEMENT CONSIDERATIONS
· Administrate financial presentations and support including agendas, materials, timing, and other protocol, and communicate the same to Senior Management. The presentations may include quarterly variances, multi-year plans and other materials.
· Advise and provide financial support and analysis around current business models and help recommend future enhancements for operations and business development activities. Support and analysis may include financial forecast and variance files and other administrative matters.
· Ability to diplomatically manage global teams.
· Adhere to all safety and health rules and regulations associated with this position and as directed by supervisor.
· Collaborate with senior leaders and other members of the Cost PMO and communicate results, modeling activities, and other observations.
· Comply and follow all procedures within the company security policy.
· Conduct and interpret complex analyses to evaluate alignment with forward-looking strategies.
· Counsel and advise key corrective actions to senior leadership related to forecast performance and/or under/over plan in terms of their potential impact on the goals, objectives, and financial viability of company
· Create complex forward-looking financial models, evaluate alternatives, and interpret results.
· Develops and coordinates financial reporting tools (MPC, TM1) and processes for finance function. Includes Inventory, Variance reporting, Quarterly Business Reviews, Forecast/Planning processes, and analytical review analysis around key performance indicators.
· Participate in developing an annual budget that includes all aspects of the department/function/team that are anticipated to complete the annual activities and discretionary projects. Monitor budget results and explain any significant variances in accordance with the Company’s requirements.
· Direct interaction with senior leadership including regularly scheduled meetings.
· Ensure all sensitive and confidential information is handled appropriately.
· Establish reporting template where the communication and strategic plans should focus current and forecasted variances, significant observations, management’s response, special projects and results, etc.
· Foster a work standard consistent with management’s philosophies of best-in-class activities.
· Monitor cost minimization strategies for global SG&A and other items.
· Participate on cross-functional strategic teams, which are focused on the strategic and operating agendas for Manufacturing and Supply Chain capabilities.
· Comply and follow all procedures within the company security policy.
· May perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
· Strong knowledge of global and regional logistics operations and industry.
· Strong proficiency in determining logistics requirements to enable company’s business goals and objectives with ability to devise and implement strategy to achieve targets.
· Strong financial and analytical ability. Proficiency in managing business analytics to determine optimum company footprint.
· Strong knowledge of international direct and indirect taxes as well as global customs regimes.
· Proven track record of successful change management accomplishments, implementing and management continuous productivity and cost reduction programs.
· Strong and convincing communication skills.
· Proficiency in use of personal computers, Microsoft Office products (Excel, Word and PowerPoint) and e-mail skills required.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
· Bachelor's Degree required. Masters Degree preferred.
· Degree in Accounting, Finance, Business Administration or related field preferred.
· Five (5) years work-related experience required, preferably in accounting/finance related experience preferred.
· Advance certifications and/or degrees preferred: CPA, CVA, MBA, etc.
· Or a combination of education, experience and/or training.