Descripción del Trabajo
At Jabil we strive to make ANYTHING POSSIBLE and EVERYTHING BETTER. With over 260,000 diverse, talented and dedicated employees across 100 locations in 30 countries, our vision is to be the most technologically advanced and trusted manufacturing solutions provider. We combine an unmatched breadth and depth of end-market experience, technical and design capabilities, manufacturing know-how, supply chain insights and global product management expertise to enable success for the world’s leading brands. We are driven by a common purpose to make a positive impact for each other, our communities, and the environment.
Opportunity Made Better Made Possible - are you ready to join the team?
JOB SUMMARY - Assistant Operations Manager - Florence, KY
Location - Based onsite in Florence, KY
Our Assistant Operations Manager will be responsible for partnering with a Fortune 5 account and will develop Department & Workcell managers’ skills in order to meet revenue and profit forecast. You will also champion special projects that enhance the success of Jabil, with emphasis on specific divisions as necessary (i.e. operational metrics management), as well as provide exceptional support to customers, team members, and shareholders.
IN YOUR ROLE YOU WILL
Recruitment and Retention:
· Recruit, interview and hire Department/Workcell Managers.
· Communicate criteria to recruiters for Department/Workcell Management position candidates.
· Coach Department/Workcell Managers in the interviewing/hiring process.
· Monitor team member turnover; identify key factors that can be improved; make improvements.
Employee and Team Development:
· Identify individual and team strengths and development needs on an ongoing basis.
· Create and/or validate training curriculum in area of responsibility.
· Coach and mentor Department/Workcell Managers to deliver excellence to every internal and external customer.
· Create and manage succession plans for Department/Workcell function.
· Establish clear measurable goals and objectives by which to determine individual and team results (i.e. operational metrics, results against project timelines, training documentation, attendance records, knowledge of operational roles and responsibilities, personal development goals).
· Solicit ongoing feedback from Department/Workcell members, such as GM for Megasite, Business Unit Manager (BUM), and/or Workcell Managers’ contribution to the team. Provide ongoing coaching and counseling to Department/Workcell Managers based on feedback.
· Drive individuals and the team to continuously improve in key operational metrics and the achievement of the organizational goals.
· Coordinate activities of large teams and keep them focused in times of crises.
· Ensure recognition and rewards are managed fairly and consistently in area of responsibility.
· Provide weekly communication forum for the exchange of ideas and information with the department.
· Organize verbal and written ideas clearly and use an appropriate business style.
· Ask questions; encourage input from staff.
· Assess communication style of individual team members and adapt own communication style accordingly.
Business Strategy and Direction:
· Know, understand and lead strategic directions.
· Define, develop and implement an operating strategy which contributes to Jabil’s strategic directions.
· Identify creative ways to reduce cost by streamlining processes and systems (i.e. modification of responsibilities or consolidation of tasks, elimination of non-value-added processes, or complete re-engineering of processes and systems).Utilize tools to monitor departmental cost and cost trends, striving continuously to improve value.
Forecast Development and Accuracy:
· Prepare timely forecasts for the plant/department.
· Compare forward forecast results to historical actual results for trend assessment and analysis.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
- Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- 5+ years’ experience in operations, workcell management, or other manufacturing leadership role.
- 3+ years’ experience as a direct people leader.
Strong customer service ability
Successful customer service experience