Descripción del Trabajo
The Information Technology Associate is a technology professional proficient in many facets of information technology without any specific specialty, who possesses general business knowledge and soft-skills allowing him/her to be adaptable in a wide array of IT-related work environments. The IT Associate is able to fulfill different supporting roles depending on specific technology needs, ranging from technology support, web page design, or application training, to data security, software testing, project management, etc. The IT Associate performs basic and recurring functions of IT departments within the organization, and often is the front line workers for those departments. He/she has knowledge of commonly-used concepts, practices, and procedures within the IT field. Relies on instructions and pre-established guidelines to perform the functions of the job.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
· Perform technical and/or administrative tasks to ensure functionality and efficiency of the IT ecosystem.
· Collaborate with other IT professionals (including remote ones) to maintain the department’s standards, functionality, and performance.
· Ensure Customer Satisfaction with the utilization and results of the established processes and procedures.
· Maintain positive relations with all employees and seek suggestions/ways of improving compliance of IT processes and systems
· Participate in process, procedure, and systems continuous improvement, identify creative ways to reduce costs by streamlining them, and assure they are efficient and not redundant.
· Participate in project activities and ensure timely project delivery. Organize own work effectively and efficiently.
· Maintain discretion and confidentiality in all areas pertaining to data and proprietary information whether internal to Jabil or customer specific
· Maintain discretion and confidentiality in all areas pertaining to IT systems
· Participate in the exchange of ideas within the department. Ask questions and encourage input from other team members
· Understand and embrace the business and IT strategic direction
· Provide regular updates to appropriate managers and conference with them on complex or unusual situations
· Demonstrate commitment to customer service: anticipate, meet and exceed customer expectations, solve customer problems quickly and effectively, make customer issues a priority
· Exchange knowledge and information with other Jabil facilities to ensure best practices are shared throughout the Jabil organization
· Ensure 100% adherence to all company, IT and department policy, processes and procedures
· Comply and follow all procedures within the company security policy.
· May perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
Must demonstrate self-sufficiency on the following skills/competencies:
· Has the ability to follow written and verbal directions.
· Has the ability to work effectively under pressure with constantly changing priorities and deadlines.
· Proficiency in use of personal computers, Microsoft Office products (Excel, Word and PowerPoint) and e-mail.
· Business Relationship Management – Practices building strong relationships with business, operations, and other IT groups.
Must be able to acquire the following skills/competencies under direction of others:
· Accountability – Accounts for his/her activities, accepts responsibility for them, and to discloses the results in a transparent manner.
· Action/Results Oriented - Brings full energy to things he/she sees as challenging; enjoys working hard; can act with a minimum of planning; seizes more opportunities than others.
· Business acumen - Knows how the business works; demonstrates knowledge in current and possible future policies, practices, trends, technology, and information affecting his/her business and organization; knows the competition; understands how strategies and tactics work in the marketplace.
· Detail oriented - Has an eye for details and makes a conscious effort to understand the actual cause behind an occurrence.
· Emotional intelligence - Has the ability to monitor his/her own and other people's emotions, to discriminate between different emotions and label them appropriately, and to use emotional information to guide thinking and behavior.
· Presentation Skills - Is effective in a variety of formal presentation settings: one-on-one, small, and large groups, with peers, direct reports, and bosses.
· Sense of urgency - Acts with the realization that efficiency is vital to success, and makes decisions and drives activities in the organization to meet important windows of opportunity.
· Business results orientation - Understands the process of figuring out how to get the right requirements, no matter the challenges faced, and stays resolutely focused on the core principles of gaining alignment and achieving clarity. Ensures that the project and efforts are consistently focused on delivering value for the organization.
· Communication skills - Is able to convey information to another effectively and efficiently.
· Decision making (problem solving) - Is able to forecast the outcome of each option, and based on all these items, determine which option is the best for that particular situation.
· Learning agility - Has the ability to learn, grow, and change over time and consequently develop new skills, rather than simply enhance those that he/she may already have.
· Teamwork - Works collaboratively with a group of people in order to achieve a goal.
· Project Management methodologies – Displays and applies knowledge on Project Management methodologies, specifically on Waterfall and Agile.
· Risk and issues management - Understands the process of identification, analysis, assessment, control, and avoidance, minimization, or elimination of unacceptable risks and/or issues.
· KPAs, metrics and SLA tracking - Understands and applies the tools and techniques to define, measure and control the performance of the project.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
• Bachelor’s degree required; degree in Computer Science, Engineering or Business discipline preferred.
• 0 to 1 year IT experience preferred or an equivalent combination of education, training or experience.