At Jabil we strive to make ANYTHING POSSIBLE and EVERYTHING BETTER. With over 260,000 diverse, talented and dedicated employees across 100 locations in 30 countries, our vision is to be the most technologically advanced and trusted manufacturing solutions provider. We combine an unmatched breadth and depth of end-market experience, technical and design capabilities, manufacturing know-how, supply chain insights and global product management expertise to enable success for the world’s leading brands. We are driven by a common purpose to make a positive impact for each other, our communities, and the environment.
Descripción del Trabajo
This role is responsible for new product introduction (NPI) and Factory of the Future projects for the production sites in Hägendorf and Balsthal. Work in collaboration with Jabil’s key customers and internal engineering team to improve design and manufacturing processes conductive to high quality manufacturing standards. Ensure on-time implementation of manufacturing technologies and production capacity in collaboration with the internal Operations team. Lead the implementation of Factory of the Future projects within Industry 4.0.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Lead new product introduction (NPI) projects or site-to-site transfer projects
- Lead Factory of the Future and Industry 4.0 Projects (Manufacturing Execution Systems - MES, machine, connectivity, data evaluation and machine learning)
- Lead engineering projects, including developing and executing to the plan and schedule and meeting the goals and objectives of the project.
- Assists in tracking project costs, preparing status reports, conducting meetings, and documenting and communicating to all stakeholders
- Lead cross-functional project teams which may include, but are not limited to Manufacturing Engineering, Production, Quality Assurance, Finance and Product Development.
- Main contact person for technical questions of existing product introductions or transfers
- Work with design team during the design stages to incorporate manufacturability into the product designs and lead the implementation of manufacturing
- Manage / coordination of documentation for change control, risks/ mitigation plans, and contingency plans.
- Ensure good communication to Customers, Management, Engineering and Operations Team
- Support the technical evaluation and quoting of design files, technical drawings and manufacturing processes
JOB QUALIFICATIONS KNOWLEDGE REQUIREMENTS
- Bachelor or Master Degree in Engineering, preferably in the field of production or mechanical engineering
- First expericence in leading projects would be a plus
- Basic knowledge of manufacturing technologies (milling, turning, drilling, heat treatment, finishing, assembly, cleaning, etc.)
- Design for Manufacturing experience would be a plus
- Drive, persistence, energy, and enthusiasm for delivering to commitments
- Strong relationship development, conflict resolution, presentation and team building skills
- Strong analytical and numerical skills with good attention to detail
- Ability to work with Cross-functional, Virtual and Global teams
- Experience in regulated industry environment would be a plus
- Language: English and German both fluent
What we offer to you
- Responsible and varied work in a global company with a strong local presence
- Advanced employment conditions with long-term prospects
- High personal responsibility and independent work
- Safe space for creative thinking and learning in the workplace
- Professional and financial stable working environment
- Possibility to work part-time 80%-100%
We are looking forward to your application! Say YES to Jabil and YES to a new challenge!
Jabil, including its subsidiaries, is an equal opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identify, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
BE AWARE OF FRAUD: When applying for a job at Jabil you will be contacted via correspondence through our official job portal with a jabil.com e-mail address; direct phone call from a member of the Jabil team; or direct e-mail with a jabil.com e-mail address. Jabil does not request payments for interviews or at any other point during the hiring process. Jabil will not ask for your personal identifying information such as a social security number, birth certificate, financial institution, driver’s license number or passport information over the phone or via e-mail. If you believe you are a victim of identity theft, contact your local police department. Any scam job listings should be reported to whatever website it was posted in.