Descripción del Trabajo
A Lead RF Hardware Design Engineer leading highly complex electrical hardware designs for customer or innovation projects. Responsible for ensuring technical milestones are achieved. Responsible for guiding other engineer team members electrical designs and leads technical design reviews. Ensures specification requirements input and design outputs align. This engineer will have demonstrated experience at releasing products into a production environment.
- Develops and validates embedded hardware design applications of a complex nature, with a concentration on Antenna systems
- Independently develops embedded hardware design utilizing standard tools
- Designs all aspects of electronic circuits with minimal supervision.
- Work with the EE Architect and other principal architects to understand of the product specification and EE architecture design. Lead/support the development and implementation of product architectures while complying with applicable standards
- Represent Jabil Design Engineering in Technical Customer Discussions and Meeting
- Work with Manager on Design quotations
- Provide technical input to help identify and solve project risks that effect project plans and schedules
- Has leadership and leading experience of EE team
- Circuit/Schematic design, component selection, and layout of analog and digital embedded systems
- Evaluate electronics system operation and recommend design modifications to eliminate causes of malfunctions or changes in system requirements.
- Review EE design and control task execution schedule and quality.
- Use computer-assisted engineering and design software and equipment to perform engineering task
- Monitor team’s delivery quality and schedule
- Write and contribute to test plans, specifications Design, implement, and use test benches
- Tests, debug and validates designs, and manufacturing support
- Manage relationships with electronics vendors and contract manufacturers
- Stay abreast of the latest technologies and techniques to provide design that are competitive and cost effective
- Work with assigned manager to define potential R&D project proposals that will help increase areas of competencies
- Develop Patents, Technical Publications, or White Papers
- Confers with management and production staff to determine engineering feasibility and cost effectiveness.
- Ensures proper documentation.
- May perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned
- Bachler Degree in Electrical Engineering from an accredited 4 year college or university, with more than 8 years of experience in RF Hardware Design
- Broad knowledge with limited complexity projects that have required one of more of Electrical Engineering Design specializations or competencies: Power supply Theory, Digital theory, Analog theory, RF Design, etc., with a concentration on RF background
- Antenna design and test background is highly desired
- BT/WiFi6/LTE/5G design and test background is highly desired
- Digital and Analog Electronics Design Experience
- Demonstrated use of key development tools and design standards: Component de-rating, DFMEA, oscilloscopes, multi-meters, simulation tools, etc.
- Experience writing and designing to specifications and test plans
- Electronics Design Background, schematics capture, and simulation tools knowledge (Prefer: Ansys and Cadence Simulation Tool Knowledge)
- Experience with embedded systems, processor selection, various communication protocols, analog design, sensor design, low power design, audio technologies and display
- Experience in testing, debugging and validating designs
- Good interpersonal and communication skills.
- Creative, self-motivated, responsible, good team work spirit. Work independently with minimum supervision.
- Has ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations.
- Has ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals.
- Has Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
- Influence others and share best practices
- Work as part of a global team
- Assess a project and articulating risk while developing project milestones.
- Develop projects in a stage-gate process (PLCQ)
- Mentor less experienced engineers.
- Leads cross-functional and EE design reviews
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
- Electrical Engineering Degree (BSEE/MSEE/PhD or equivalent experience)
- 8+ years experience in embedded hardware design or other key competency
- Or an equivalent combination of education, training or experience.