Descripción del Trabajo
Assist the Accounts Payable Department in numerous and varied standardized accounting procedures.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Process vendor invoices and purchase orders.
• Match shippers with invoices.
• Code and enter invoices into tracking system and schedule payments within established parameters.
• Process checks to pay expenses.
• Match invoices to receiving and purchasing documents.
• Troubleshoot invoice problems with regard to quantity and price.
• Assign proper accounting numbers to invoices.
• Research invoice data as required.
• Respond to vendor inquiries on the status of accounts payable.
• Research vendors with a debit balance.
• Review credit memos.
• Adhere to all safety and health rules and regulations associated with this position and as directed by supervisor.
• Comply and follow all procedures within the company security policy.
• May perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
MANAGEMENT & SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES
• Typically reports to Management. Direct supervisor job title(s) typically include: Accounts Payable Supervisor
• Job is NOT directly responsible for managing other employees (e.g., hiring/termination and/or pay decisions, performance management).
• Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
• Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
• Ability to operate a personal computer including using a Windows based operating system and related software.
• Advanced PC skills, including training and knowledge of Jabil’s software packages.
• Ability to write simple correspondence. Read and understand visual aid.
• Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out simple one- or two-step instructions.
• Ability to deal with standardized situations with only occasional or no variables.
• Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos.
• Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
• Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret graphs.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
• Bachelor Degree in Accounting or equivalent preferred.
• One year of experience.
• Or an equivalent combination of education, training or experience.