At Jabil we strive to make ANYTHING POSSIBLE and EVERYTHING BETTER. With over 260,000 diverse, talented and dedicated employees across 100 locations in 30 countries, our vision is to be the most technologically advanced and trusted manufacturing solutions provider. We combine an unmatched breadth and depth of end-market experience, technical and design capabilities, manufacturing know-how, supply chain insights and global product management expertise to enable success for the world’s leading brands. We are driven by a common purpose to make a positive impact for each other, our communities, and the environment.
Descripción del Trabajo
The Molding Technician II maintains production yields by directly inspecting and/or reviewing reports and coordinating with other shifts to keep the process at peak efficiency and quality. (“Process” refers to in this job context as the entire molding process including equipment, settings, auxiliary units, robotics, etc.) In addition, this role directs and executes tool changes, utilizing RTC (Rapid Tool Change) techniques, per the production schedule. This role may lead teams of manufacturing support and other mold techs.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
· Performs inspection and review tasks to keep process functioning at better than 95% yield.
· Answers equipment alarms and documents changes as required.
· Accomplishes repair of process/equipment as needed and directed by the daily priorities.
· Maintains process efficiency by keeping all logs and information needed for production reporting current.
· Performs daily mold cleanings as instructed in the Process Binders.
· Performs shut-down and close-out activities.
· Submits close-out/re-start data to Quality.
· Works with Production Control to maintain RTC calendar.
· Executes all RTC events utilizing the RTC Checklist.
· Enhances team efficiency by training and directing the training of less experienced personnel as designated by the Molding Team Leader.
· Improves working conditions by providing supervision of workplace environment with particular emphasis on safety.
· Eliminates down time by writing and processing work orders for/on damaged equipment requiring repair.
· May perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
· Industry/product knowledge
· Communication skills
· Problem solving skills/troubleshooting
Jabil, including its subsidiaries, is an equal opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identify, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
BE AWARE OF FRAUD: When applying for a job at Jabil you will be contacted via correspondence through our official job portal with a jabil.com e-mail address; direct phone call from a member of the Jabil team; or direct e-mail with a jabil.com e-mail address. Jabil does not request payments for interviews or at any other point during the hiring process. Jabil will not ask for your personal identifying information such as a social security number, birth certificate, financial institution, driver’s license number or passport information over the phone or via e-mail. If you believe you are a victim of identity theft, contact your local police department. Any scam job listings should be reported to whatever website it was posted in.