Descripción del Trabajo
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Safety First: Adhere to all safety and health rules and regulations associated with this position and Site.
- This role requires the ability to lead and motivate a team to meet the company's goals in terms of quality, schedule, yield, and productivity.
- Provide leadership and motivation to team members to meet/achieve business objectives/targets/goals.
- Ensure that team members clearly know the goals and verify that they follow manufacturing specifications and procedures as well as the production program.
- Support initiatives that help the continuous improvement of productivity and quality (reduce waste, re-work, inspection, and customer returns/complaints), and eliminate any process that do not add value to the product.
- Optimally plan work in such a manner that they comply with production programs in quantity and mix at the lowest possible cost by liaising with planning to execute plan, manage overtime to ensure agreed schedules can be executed in full.
- Strictly control costs that affect Business Unit including materials run rate and Kanban stocks.
- Develop the monthly business unit forecast in collaboration with the Business Unit Manager and provide regular feedback to Senior Leadership Team (SLT) on costs and cost trends.
- Ensure that the Business Unit fulfills all specific activities in aid of the accredited standards e.g., ISO, SOX, and RBA.
- Support and promote continuous improvement and lean manufacturing activities, including the implementation of 5S activities and standards.
- Highlight performance and training issues as appropriate with a view to maximizing the performance of all employees, while ensuring cross training and flexibility of employees to support changes in production priorities, especially during peak periods.
- Ensure that the team members know, understand and comply with the policies and procedures of the Company.
- Participate in the development of the budget of the Workcell.
- Provide the necessary support and coordination of early production ramps to ensure that new products are completed on time and within pre-defined SLA’s.
- Serves as the production interface for the coordination of new production launches / introductions. Works closely with the NPI on site team.
- Maintain timekeeping and records on TMS in a timely manner for payroll purposes. Proactively manage absenteeism and attendance and escalate if necessary.
- Manage employee productivity and provide constructive feedback and coaching.
- Ensure that the team members know and comply with the policies and procedures of the Company.
- May perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Proficient in MS Office applications.
- Highly motivated and enthusiastic individual with strong communication and interpersonal skills and ability to work with and lead cross functional teams.
- Exceptional organization, leadership, and communication skills.
- Customer focused, motivated, enthusiastic and self-directed and results driven leader.
- Strong leadership of technical issue resolution and problem solving.
- Proficiency in the English language is a requirement alongside eligibility to work in Ireland.
- Proven ability to meet deadlines.
- A “can do” work ethic with excellent problem-solving skills.
- Bachelor’s degree in Manufacturing Technology / Mechanical Engineering / Electronical / Electronics / Mechatronics or related discipline. May substitute educational requirements in lieu of experience.
- 3+ years’ experience in a People Leader role is essential. Experience in electronic manufacturing environment is advantageous.
- Project Management Professional (PMP) Certification or equivalent with 3-4 years demonstrated project management experience on an international scale is highly desirable.
- Experience in leading process improvements / lean manufacturing activities in a manufacturing environment.
- Knowledge of diverse business functions and principles (e.g., supply chain, finance, customer service etc.)
- Working knowledge of data analysis and performance/operation metrics.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills and able to establish logical practical solutions.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, and customers.
- Must be flexible and demonstrate the ability to deliver on tight timelines in a rapidly changing environment.
- Master’s degree in mechanical or plastics engineering related discipline.