Descripción del Trabajo
Provides technical support to end-users for PC, server, hardware, or software applications.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
· Interact with supplier/service provider ensure tasks are completed.
· Monitor asset inventory.
· Verify back up, daily check list, account maintenance.
· Administer tape rotation - back up tapes.
· Serve as the point of technical escalation.
· Perform periodic license audits.
· Create and configure ghost images for site hardware.
· Create and Image MES and SAP RF Scanners.
· Maintain and troubleshoot site hardware.
· Provide on call support.
· Identify and purchase hardware using the EP Process.
· Administer network hardware (enabling and disabling ports).
· Administer file services, Print Services and Terminal Servers.
· Document new processes.
· Provide support to wireless devices. (i.e. - cell phones, tablets).
· Follow all procedures around the ISS security policy.
· Provide end user training & technical assistance.
· Assist Administrators in rotational duties for the following (but not limited to) administration competencies:
o Network Administration (equipment maintenance, backups, daily checklists).
o Systems Administration (account maintenance, backups/restores, server maintenance).
o Business Systems Administration (documentation, process flows, CMRs, troubleshooting).
o Database Administration (daily checklists, backups, troubleshooting).
· Load and verify correct operation of software packages.
· Troubleshoot and resolves end user problems and ensures correct operation of personal computers.
· Simulate or recreate user problems to resolve operating difficulties.
· Maintain inventory of computer parts and logs of all repairs/service performed.
· Provide training and technical assistance to users.
· Participate in the exchange of ideas and information within the department.
· Ask questions; encourage input from team members.
· Provide regular updates to appropriate managers.
· Identify creative ways to reduce cost by streamlining processes and systems (i.e. modification of responsibilities or consolidation of tasks, elimination of non-value added processes, or complete re-engineering of processes and systems).
· Drive continuous improvement through trend reporting analysis and metrics management.
· Assure that procedures and work instructions are efficient and not redundant.
· Offer new ideas and suggestions for improvement. Identify and implement new practices and processes.
· Demonstrate a commitment to customer service; anticipate, meet and exceed expectations by solving problems quickly and effectively; making customer issues a priority.
· Confer with reporting manager on complex or unusual situations.
· Establish new measurement systems if/where possible.
· Exchange knowledge and information with other Jabil facilities to ensure best practices are shared throughout the Jabil organization.
· May perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
· Ensure 100% adherence to all company policies and procedures (i.e. Health, Safety and Quality).
· Maintain discretion and confidentiality in all areas pertaining to data and proprietary information, whether internal to Jabil or customer specific.
· Interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram or schedule form.
· Maintain discretion and confidentiality in all areas pertaining to the IT systems.
· Understand and embrace the business and IT strategic direction.
· Adhere to all safety and health rules and regulations associated with this position and as directed by supervisor.
· Comply and follow all procedures within the company security policy.