Descripción del Trabajo
Coordinates, plans, and executes all operational activities of the metrology laboratory to achieve defined goods and ensure the delivery of services in a cost effective, timely, and accurate manner.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
· Provide metrology advice/information and blueprint interpretation of plastic injection molded components for all levels of inspectors, engineering and manufacturing personnel, including the customer.
• Have a thorough understanding of metrology equipment and techniques for contact and non-contact DCC inspection equipment (CMM, Video/Optical), Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerancing, PC-DMIS and Measurement for part programming, surface plate set-ups, Process Capability and Gauge Repeatability and Reproducibility studies.
• Provide supervision of Metrology Technicians; assist in their hiring, performance evaluation, counseling, disciplinary/termination recommendations under the guidance of Sr. QA Manager.
• Ensure data packages are complete and accurate.
• Assist in developing and designing custom gaging for manufacturing in-process inspection set-ups.
• Maintain and repair test and measurement equipment.
• Work jointly with manufacturing personnel to execute and improve calibration activities and methods.
• Anticipate operational needs including personnel, capital equipment and other supplies.
• Identify and implement metrology improvements in services and procedures.
• Identify customer expectations and benchmark best in class processes and methodologies.
Statistical Sampling Plans, Interpretation of analytical data and validation summaries.
• Develop and track key department performance supportive of company goals.
• Ensure positive employee relations and effective communications are maintained across all shifts.
• Support all company safety and quality programs and initiatives.
• Other responsibilities may be assigned as needed based on the requirements of the department.
· Minimum Associate’s Degree or equivalent in a Metrology, Engineering, Math, or Science field.
• 5-7 years related work experience.
• Proficient with CMM and OGP Vision system set-up and programming (PC-DMIS and Measurement).
• Proficient with optical comparator and hand held gages.
• Knowledge of calibration standards, procedures and techniques.
• Proficient with calibration software, Microsoft Word, and Excel.
• Good writing skills, detail oriented and self-directed.
• ASQ certification.
• Plastic Injection Molded Components Manufacturing.
• Supervisory experience.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
· BA/BS degree
· 5 years experience in statistical and metrology
· Or a combination of education, experience and/or training.