Descripción del Trabajo
The Subject Matter Expert (SME) is responsible for the implementation, support, training, and troubleshooting for any one of the business applications (MES, Agile, SAP, etc) in their facility. This position is typically assigned to the person who has the most experience with the application, and would already be considered the “power user” of the application.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
· Serve as the functional expert for all manufacturing related systems and tools.
· Support other users in typical and advanced questions that require research to solve.
· Coordinate and facilitate training for the plant in terms of new hires, new functionality, and upgrades.
· Track and communicate all changes/enhancements to existing planning systems including upgrades to current systems.
· Provide support to the users and the department SME’s.
· Serve as the first point-of-contact for application issues when there are no department SME’s.
· Investigate incidents before escalation to Regional IT.
· Work with other SME’s to implement Jabil best practices in the site.
· Guide users in configuration.
· Work with site and regional IT on testing and implementation of upgrades and new functionality.
· Maintain and develop documentation for responsible area.
· Participate in the exchange of ideas and information within the department.
· Organize verbal and written ideas clearly and use an appropriate business style.
· Ask questions; encourage input from team members.
· Provide regular updates to appropriate managers.
· Identify creative ways to reduce cost by streamlining processes and systems (i.e. modification of responsibilities or consolidation of tasks, elimination of non-value added processes, or complete re-engineering of processes and systems).
· Drive continuous improvement through trend reporting analysis and metrics management.
· Offer new ideas and suggestions for improvement. Identify and implement new practices and processes that are “best in field”.
· Ensure 100% adherence to all company policies and procedures (i.e. Health, Safety and Quality)
· Maintain discretion and confidentiality in all areas pertaining to data and proprietary information, whether internal to Jabil or customer specific.
· Understand and embrace the business and IT strategic direction.
· Adhere to all safety and health rules and regulations associated with this position and as directed by supervisor.
· Comply and follow all procedures within the company security policy.
HS Diploma and 3 years of Jabil experience in the application or area of specialty or equivalent formal training in application or specialty. Bachelor’s degree preferred.