At Jabil we strive to make ANYTHING POSSIBLE and EVERYTHING BETTER. With over 260,000 diverse, talented and dedicated employees across 100 locations in 30 countries, our vision is to be the most technologically advanced and trusted manufacturing solutions provider. We combine an unmatched breadth and depth of end-market experience, technical and design capabilities, manufacturing know-how, supply chain insights and global product management expertise to enable success for the world’s leading brands. We are driven by a common purpose to make a positive impact for each other, our communities, and the environment.
Descripción del Trabajo
Assist Toolmaker and/or CNC Technician operating both manual and CNC equipment to manufacture gauges, work holding fixtures, dies, and tooling used in manufacturing.
Assist technicians to provided technical support of activities related to the improvement and development of current and new processes including process cost evaluation, quality and capability alternatives analyses, and process characterization.
Provides support to assigned manufacturing areas to meet the requirements for quality standards, compliant documentation, capacity, product availability and cost.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Adheres to all company safety policies and procedures and other safety precautions within the work area.
- Engage with others in a positive and constructive manner that is conducive to good teamwork in a production environment.
- Work during assigned shift schedule and meet associated attendance requirements.
- Help maintain various dies, work holding fixtures and tooling used in production
- Use of various types of measuring instruments including numerous types of gages, micrometers, calipers, comparators, and image vision measuring equipment to check accuracy of work performed
- Provides day to day support and direction to production such as, but not limited to turning, milling, drilling, EDM, finishing, packaging etc. as required.
- Completion of documentation as required by the process
- Perform preventive maintenance and 5S related tasks as it pertains to the assigned area including but not limited to maintaining coolant levels, emptying chip containers, etc.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
- High School diploma or equivalent
- Basic written and verbal communication and basic computer skills
- General math skills
- work extra hours when required by business needs.
- demonstrate ability to learn and develop consistency in results.
- work in conditions that may be hot, cold, wet and/or noisy along with exposure to fumes, oil, coolants and other manufacturing related chemicals
- work on feet 100% of time
- lift 5-25 pounds on a regular basis along with occasional heavy lifting over 50 pounds
Jabil, including its subsidiaries, is an equal opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identify, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
BE AWARE OF FRAUD: When applying for a job at Jabil you will be contacted via correspondence through our official job portal with a jabil.com e-mail address; direct phone call from a member of the Jabil team; or direct e-mail with a jabil.com e-mail address. Jabil does not request payments for interviews or at any other point during the hiring process. Jabil will not ask for your personal identifying information such as a social security number, birth certificate, financial institution, driver’s license number or passport information over the phone or via e-mail. If you believe you are a victim of identity theft, contact the Federal Bureau of Investigations internet crime hotline (www.ic3.gov), the Federal Trade Commission identity theft hotline (www.identitytheft.gov) and/or your local police department. Any scam job listings should be reported to whatever website it was posted in.