At Jabil we strive to make ANYTHING POSSIBLE and EVERYTHING BETTER. With over 260,000 diverse, talented and dedicated employees across 100 locations in 30 countries, our vision is to be the most technologically advanced and trusted manufacturing solutions provider. We combine an unmatched breadth and depth of end-market experience, technical and design capabilities, manufacturing know-how, supply chain insights and global product management expertise to enable success for the world’s leading brands. We are driven by a common purpose to make a positive impact for each other, our communities, and the environment.
Descripción del Trabajo
The Senior Program Manager will facilitate and lead strategic initiatives for large multi-faceted projects which may be customer/division specific or company-wide. Provides management and guidance to multi-functional project teams and/or other Project or Program Managers. Manages and enhances customer relationships. Provides full accountability for project budgets, schedules, project management, and performance requirements for enterprise level projects.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
· Ensures all project requirements and/or objectives are correctly gathered, understood and properly translated for execution.
· Builds team(s) to address the project goals and objectives for multiple and/or enterprise-level projects.
· Collaborates with customer (internal or external) from requirements gathering through product acceptance stages.
· Aligns the program team to customer needs by establishing milestones, goals, and objectives based on input from all functional areas and stakeholders within the enterprise project.
· Reviews project schedules with functional project managers and project coordinators assigned to projects.
· Provides guidance and motivation to project teams to successfully achieve project goal and corporate initiatives
· Communicates project objectives in terms of overall strategic business objectives.
· Serves as interface with customers, vendors, stakeholders and project sponsor(s)
· Devises creative solutions to critical customer and user needs.
· Manages development of project plans with focus on achievement of project goals and corporate initiatives, including project-specific Key Performance Indicators (KPI’s) or metrics.
· Monitors projects' Key Performance Indicators (KPI) and manages the work within scope, quality, time and cost constraints.
· Obtains and summarizes current project information and milestone status versus project performance baseline.
· Drives project/program tasks to completion in accordance with the project schedule.
· Coordinates the efforts of the team to develop an integrated project plan and risk analysis with action plans to mitigate the risks.
· Manages resource capacity and time tracking allocated to enterprise-level project.
· Performs Financial Management and analysis of costs for enterprise-level projects and programs including Capital Expenditures Requests (CER’s) travel, training, resources allocation and other project related costs.
· Forecasts project budget and labor needs for current and future site needs.
· Remains accountable for overall project success - including cost, schedule, quality, and scope management.
· Balances the cost, schedule and time-frames against the enterprise level project requirements.
· Reports project status, issues and implemented solutions as well as evaluations and assessments of the results.
· Provides leaders with updates, including greatest opportunities for improvement.
· Recognizes potential problem areas against the plan and identify and implement alternative solutions.
· Identifies best cost solutions to reduce cost by streamlining processes and systems (i.e. modification of responsibilities or consolidation of tasks, elimination of non-value added processes, or complete re-engineering of processes and systems).
· Provides key stakeholders with regular project performance status, variances to plan, and identification of corrective actions (if required).
· Participates in the exchange of ideas and information within the department and with other Jabil facilities to ensure best practices are shared throughout the company.
· Drives continuous improvement through trend reporting analysis and metrics management.
· Demonstrates a commitment to customer service; anticipate, meet and exceed expectations by solving problems quickly and effectively, making customer issues a priority. Coaches others through difficult decision making situations.
· Designs and facilitates training related to implementation of enterprise initiatives.
· Engages and collaborates with customers within Jabil to obtain greater understanding of customer needs.
· Drives relevant, concise and effective communication through a variety of mediums.
· Designs clear and consistent messages for a variety of diverse audiences, ensuring relevance and effectiveness of delivery.
· Works closely with communications, stakeholders , and management to stay informed of important company information to evaluate and measure program effectiveness and impact on the business.
· Complies with and follows all procedures within the company security policy.
· May perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
· Knowledge of Jabil operating policies and procedures required
· Expert knowledge of Jabil’s culture and guiding principles
· Must be adept at navigating the diversified landscape with respect to country cultures, company divisions and internal hierarchies
· Proficiency in use of personal computers, Microsoft Office products (Excel, Word and PowerPoint) and e-mail skills required
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
· Project Management Professional (PMP) certification or equivalent required
· Bachelor’s degree required, Masters Degree Preferred
· Minimum of 8 years work-related experience required in project management or related discipline.
· Or an equivalent combination of education, training and/or experience.
· This role requires 50% domestic and/or international travel.
Jabil, including its subsidiaries, is an equal opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identify, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
BE AWARE OF FRAUD: When applying for a job at Jabil you will be contacted via correspondence through our official job portal with a jabil.com e-mail address; direct phone call from a member of the Jabil team; or direct e-mail with a jabil.com e-mail address. Jabil does not request payments for interviews or at any other point during the hiring process. Jabil will not ask for your personal identifying information such as a social security number, birth certificate, financial institution, driver’s license number or passport information over the phone or via e-mail. If you believe you are a victim of identity theft, contact the Federal Bureau of Investigations internet crime hotline (www.ic3.gov), the Federal Trade Commission identity theft hotline (www.identitytheft.gov) and/or your local police department. Any scam job listings should be reported to whatever website it was posted in.