Descripción del Trabajo
Jabil is seeking to hire an Assistant General Counsel – Global Labor & Employment. This position will have substantial responsibility for global labor and employment legal matters for multi-billion-dollar business units employing tens of thousands of employees in many countries, and work in close collaboration with Legal, Compliance, HR, and business leaders.
· Conducting a needs assessment and developing the global L&E team’s workflow model for the LATAM region.
· Providing day-to-day employment law advice to Human Resources and other internal business partners regarding a wide variety of global labor & employment law matters including: recruiting; hiring; employee relations; labor relations; discipline and terminations; internal investigations; leaves of absence; discrimination and harassment issues; global mobility issues; contingent worker issues; employee privacy issues; compensation, benefits, bonus and equity awards; employment litigation; dispute resolution; negotiated exits and settlements, RIFs, reorganizations, M&A, policies, DEI initiatives, restrictive covenants., employment-related agreements, HR processes, labor and employee relations and more
· Developing and managing an effective and efficient network of regional L&E outside counsel partners
· Proactively informing, developing and training the HR community on labor and employment laws and regulations
· Developing and presenting regional L&E training modules
· Creating self-service templates and tools for use by the HR team and managers
· Collaborating with key clients to help drive process improvements, develop templates and self-service systems and tools, and risk mitigation strategies and practices
· Serving as part of the Global Labor & Employment Legal Leadership Team, assisting with identifying, prioritizing, and driving key team initiatives, and helping to manage, grow and develop members of the global L&E legal group and the L&E legal function generally
· Supporting enterprise L&E projects and initiatives
· J.D. or equivalent degree and licensed to practice law in at least one jurisdiction.
· 10+ years legal experience - both in a law firm and in an in-house setting - ideally at least three years in-house, preferably with a global manufacturing or industrial company.
· Strong knowledge of full range of labor and employment law including employment litigation, non-competition and confidentiality, restructurings, anti-discrimination, anti-retaliation, wage and hour, leave laws, etc.
· Strong business acumen with a practical approach to problem solving using a smart risk-taking mindset.
· High level of integrity, trust and a strong ethical center.
· High degree of comfort with navigating change and ambiguity.
· Willingness to work on all aspects of a matter including both the strategic and tactical action items.
· Demonstrated ability to make sound decisions and commitment to continuous learning.
· Ability to handle many complex legal matters simultaneously.
· Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to interact effectively at all levels of the organization yet also stand firm on issues when necessary.
· Respect for others, regardless of position, and desire to work as a team member with all levels of the organization.
· Good sense of humor.
· Excellent team player with a desire to work on a team with a culture of selfless collaboration and leadership.
· Role requires travel inside and outside of the LATAM region.
· Multi-country labor and employment legal experience is a plus