Descripción del Trabajo
Develops, codes, tests, debugs, documents, maintains, modifies and installs programs.
Support the launching of new products / new customers.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
• Write programs that involve formatted output and basic reporting.
• Prepare technical specifications and test plans.
• Develop/maintain computer programs to store, locate, and retrieve specific documents, data and information.
• Devise sample input data to test accuracy of program.
• Resolve questions of program intent, input data acquisition, time sharing, output requirements, coding use and
modification, and inclusion of internal checks/code reviews for system integrity.
• Observe or runs test of program using sample or actual data, assist in user acceptance training.
• Participate in roll out and on time delivery of developed applications.
• Maintain and develop documentation for responsible area. Prepare and provide status updates of assigned
project plans and schedules.
• Maintain positive relations with all employees encouraging them to suggest ways of improving IT systems.
• Serve as escalation point for troubleshooting issues.
• Organize verbal and written ideas clearly, use appropriate business style.
• Identify creative ways to reduce cost by streamlining processes and systems (i.e. modification of responsibilities
or consolidation of tasks, elimination of non-value added processes, or complete re-engineering of processes
• Drive continuous improvement through trend reporting analysis and metrics management.
• Offer new ideas and suggestions for improvement. Identify and implement new practices and processes that are
“best in field”.
• Exchange knowledge and information with other Jabil facilities to ensure best practices are shared throughout
the Jabil organization while maintaining discretion and confidentiality in all areas pertaining to data and
proprietary information, whether internal to Jabil or customer specific.
• Ability to work effectively under pressure with constantly changing priorities and deadlines.
• Must be proficient and knowledgeable in all areas related to the IT department functions.
• Adhere to all safety and health rules and regulations associated with this position and as directed by supervisor.
• Comply and follow all procedures within the company security policy.