Descripción del Trabajo
Jabil is seeking an experienced Industrial Engineer for our San Jose, CA manufacturing facility. In this role you will be responsible for planning, designing, implementing, and managing; integrated, production and service delivery systems that assure performance, reliability, maintainability, schedule adherence and cost control within the production site. The Industrial Engineer will adopt as its goals profitability, effectiveness, adaptability, responsiveness, quality, and the continuous improvement of products and services throughout their life cycles.
This is a hands on in-person onsite role.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Project team member implementing projects that will eliminate waste, through the standard Industrial Engineering process. This will include but is not limited to: Capital Equipment Requests, Capabilities Studies, Plant Layouts, Tool Design, and Standard Work
- Develop Time standards for process steps to be used in the Product-Process-Time database (IEDB)
- Gather and analyze Industrial Engineering metrics for assigned customer or area
- Coordinate layout and facility move(s) for assigned customer or area(s)
- Collect, analyze and review IEDB data to insure accuracy and compliance with the standard process
- Monitor the SAP and Manufacturing Execution System configurations and insure compliance with the standardized system configurations
- Gather and/or develop data for quotes
- Coach, mentor and train engineers within the Industrial Engineering team
- Support and/or maintain all lower level Industrial Engineering essential duties and responsibilities
- Insure the standardization of Jabil processes throughout the site in accordance with the global, regional and site direction
- Support the Lean organization by developing a solid process foundation and data integrity in order to support process improvement through the organization
- Comply and follow all procedures within the company security policy.
- May perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned
- Understanding and application of broad range of industrial engineering tools (ie. Work measurement, process mapping, facilities, and workstation design, etc.)
- Understanding of Jabil’s global strategies and direction
- Understanding of site’s facilities, capabilities and how they tie back to the Jabil strategies and direction
- Use of continuous improvement methodologies
- Strong analytical ability
- Proven record of accomplishment of successful change management accomplishments, implementing and management continuous improvements and cost reduction programs
- Strong communication skills
- Proficiency in use of personal computers, Microsoft Office products, Microsoft Visio, Microsoft Project, and AutoCAD skills required.
Experience and Education Requirement
- Must have at least a Bachelors Degree in Industry Engineering
- At least 2 yrs of industrial engineering experience preferably in a manufacturing related industry
- Contract manufacturing industry experience preferred
- Six Sigma certification a plus