Descripción del Trabajo
Quality Engineer SME II will be responsible for planning, designing, implementing and managing; integrated quality solutions that assure performance, reliability, and adherence to best practices within the production site or region. The Quality Engineer SME II will adopt as its goals; the continuous improvement of products and services throughout their life cycles
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
· Project leader –direct and implement projects that will mitigate or eliminate risk, through the use of quality engineering tools and techniques.
o This will include but is not limited to: DOE, SPC, Weibull analysis and commonality analysis
· Lead and critically evaluate cross-functional projects with broad in-depth knowledge of various functions outside of quality engineering to optimize complex or large-scale projects
· Lead as Subject Matter Expert in all global & regional Quality systems and applications (APQP, MSA, Minitab, eFMEA, eSPC, 8D, RCA, and Problem Solving)
· Lead as Subject Matter Expert in all Quality Engineering practices
· Lead process improvement related activities for New Product Introduction
· Communicate to regional team key Quality Engineering metrics for assigned customer(s) and Site
· Drive the standardization of Manufacturing Process Quality Standards
· Coach, mentor, and train engineers within the Quality Engineering team & other functional engineering teams as needed
· Ensure the standardization of Jabil processes throughout the site in accordance with the global, regional and site direction
· Develop new Quality engineering best practices with supporting data to Regional and Global Quality teams to optimize existing best practices
· Support & Advise Business Unit Coordinators and Business Unit Managers, and Site Management on new and actual processes capability
· Drive process improvement related activities for New Product Introduction.
· Champions compliance to applicable Global Regulations and standards (e.g. ISO 9001, IATF 16949, AS9100, VDA 6.3, ISO 13485).
· Supports the development of quality engineering, quality compliance, quality leadership talents with the right skill sets for new product introductions, and product life cycle management.
· Comply and follow all procedures within the company security policy.
· May perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned
MANAGEMENT & SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES
· Typically reports to Management or leadership. Direct supervisor job title(s) typically include: Sr. Manager, Director, VP
· Job is NOT directly responsible for managing other employees (e.g., hiring/termination and/or pay decisions, performance management).
· Key Requirements:
o Understanding and application of broad range of quality engineering tools (e.g., DOE, MSA, APQP, PFMEA, Control Plan, Problem Solving and Root Cause Analysis.)
o Understanding of Jabil’s global strategies and direction
o Understanding of site’s facilities, capabilities and how they tie back to the Jabil strategies and direction
o Strong financial and analytical ability:
o Proven record of accomplishment of successful change management accomplishments, implementing and management continuous improvements and cost reduction programs
o Strong communication skills
o Strong mentoring, coaching and leadership skills are required.
· Knowledge and understanding of Health and Safety standards & requirements
· Understanding of Quality Systems applied to internal manufacturing processes
· Proficiency in use of personal computers, Microsoft Office products, Microsoft Visio, Microsoft Project required
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
· Bachelors of Science degree required, IE or ME, EE are preferred
· MS in Quality/Industrial Engineering or MBA preferred
· Lean Silver Certificate or Six Sigma Black Belt preferred
· At least 12 years of working experience with 7 years of experience in Quality Engineering or related field
· Or an equivalent combination of education, training or experience