At Jabil we strive to make ANYTHING POSSIBLE and EVERYTHING BETTER. With over 260,000 diverse, talented and dedicated employees across 100 locations in 30 countries, our vision is to be the most technologically advanced and trusted manufacturing solutions provider. We combine an unmatched breadth and depth of end-market experience, technical and design capabilities, manufacturing know-how, supply chain insights and global product management expertise to enable success for the world’s leading brands. We are driven by a common purpose to make a positive impact for each other, our communities, and the environment.
Descripción del Trabajo
Quality Engineer SME II will be responsible for planning, designing, implementing and managing; integrated quality solutions that assure performance, reliability, and adherence to best practices within the production site or region. The Quality Engineer SME II will adopt as its goals; the continuous improvement of products and services throughout their life cycles
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
· Project leader –direct and implement projects that will mitigate or eliminate risk, through the use of quality engineering tools and techniques.
o This will include but is not limited to: DOE, SPC, Weibull analysis and commonality analysis
· Lead and critically evaluate cross-functional projects with broad in-depth knowledge of various functions outside of quality engineering to optimize complex or large-scale projects
· Lead as Subject Matter Expert in all global & regional Quality systems and applications (APQP, MSA, Minitab, eFMEA, eSPC, 8D, RCA, and Problem Solving)
· Lead as Subject Matter Expert in all Quality Engineering practices
· Lead process improvement related activities for New Product Introduction
· Communicate to regional team key Quality Engineering metrics for assigned customer(s) and Site
· Drive the standardization of Manufacturing Process Quality Standards
· Coach, mentor, and train engineers within the Quality Engineering team & other functional engineering teams as needed
· Ensure the standardization of Jabil processes throughout the site in accordance with the global, regional and site direction
· Develop new Quality engineering best practices with supporting data to Regional and Global Quality teams to optimize existing best practices
· Support & Advise Business Unit Coordinators and Business Unit Managers, and Site Management on new and actual processes capability
· Drive process improvement related activities for New Product Introduction.
· Champions compliance to applicable Global Regulations and standards (e.g. ISO 9001, IATF 16949, AS9100, VDA 6.3, ISO 13485).
· Supports the development of quality engineering, quality compliance, quality leadership talents with the right skill sets for new product introductions, and product life cycle management.
· Comply and follow all procedures within the company security policy.
· May perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned
MANAGEMENT & SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES
· Typically reports to Management or leadership. Direct supervisor job title(s) typically include: Sr. Manager, Director, VP
· Job is NOT directly responsible for managing other employees (e.g., hiring/termination and/or pay decisions, performance management).
· Key Requirements:
o Understanding and application of broad range of quality engineering tools (e.g., DOE, MSA, APQP, PFMEA, Control Plan, Problem Solving and Root Cause Analysis.)
o Understanding of Jabil’s global strategies and direction
o Understanding of site’s facilities, capabilities and how they tie back to the Jabil strategies and direction
o Strong financial and analytical ability:
o Proven record of accomplishment of successful change management accomplishments, implementing and management continuous improvements and cost reduction programs
o Strong communication skills
o Strong mentoring, coaching and leadership skills are required.
· Knowledge and understanding of Health and Safety standards & requirements
· Understanding of Quality Systems applied to internal manufacturing processes
· Proficiency in use of personal computers, Microsoft Office products, Microsoft Visio, Microsoft Project required
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
· Bachelors of Science degree required, IE or ME, EE are preferred
· MS in Quality/Industrial Engineering or MBA preferred
· Lean Silver Certificate or Six Sigma Black Belt preferred
· At least 12 years of working experience with 7 years of experience in Quality Engineering or related field
· Or an equivalent combination of education, training or experience
Jabil, including its subsidiaries, is an equal opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identify, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
BE AWARE OF FRAUD: When applying for a job at Jabil you will be contacted via correspondence through our official job portal with a jabil.com e-mail address; direct phone call from a member of the Jabil team; or direct e-mail with a jabil.com e-mail address. Jabil does not request payments for interviews or at any other point during the hiring process. Jabil will not ask for your personal identifying information such as a social security number, birth certificate, financial institution, driver’s license number or passport information over the phone or via e-mail. If you believe you are a victim of identity theft, contact your local police department. Any scam job listings should be reported to whatever website it was posted in.