At Jabil we strive to make ANYTHING POSSIBLE and EVERYTHING BETTER. With over 260,000 diverse, talented and dedicated employees across 100 locations in 30 countries, our vision is to be the most technologically advanced and trusted manufacturing solutions provider. We combine an unmatched breadth and depth of end-market experience, technical and design capabilities, manufacturing know-how, supply chain insights and global product management expertise to enable success for the world’s leading brands. We are driven by a common purpose to make a positive impact for each other, our communities, and the environment.
Descripción del Trabajo
An entry level engineering position, in this position you are expected to have a good understanding of engineering theory, basic concepts of design and an eagerness to develop a specific competency within the design environment.
Using established procedures is responsible for analysis, design and development of basic chassis and sub-system design, detailed documentation, and execution of a defined validation plan.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Assists with the development and validation of electronic enclosures and components.
- Assists in analyzing chassis solutions that may lead to improvements to the cost, re-use, or quality of the design.
- Supports system architects to gather design requirements and define product architecture.
- Assists in the use of tolerance analysis and DFM tools.
- Works with ECAD designers and EE team in the definition of the board outline and keepout definition.
- Under the guidance of senior team members, may own a sub-section of the chassis design.
- Under direct supervision, assembles chassis prototypes, and checks the fit/form/functionality.
- Works closely with Thermal Engineers to implement proper cooling of chassis components.
MANAGEMENT & SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES
- Typically reports to Management. Direct supervisor job title(s) typically include: Design Manager or Group Lead
- Job is NOT directly responsible for managing other employees (e.g., hiring/termination and/or pay decisions, performance management).
TECHNICAL KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS
- Awareness of specific component industry standards.
- Awareness of 3D modeling methodology and tools.
- Awareness of Mechanical Engineering Design specializations or competencies: Tolerance Analysis, DFM, Serviceability
- Knowledge of key development tools and design standards: 3D CAD, Finite Element Analysis, Tolerances, Manufacturing Principles
NON TECHNICAL KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS
- Influence others and share best practices
- Effectively communicate with good understanding of English.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
- Mechanical Engineering Degree (BSME or equivalent)
- 0-3 years experience in mech design and / or verification
- Regular business hours. Some additional hours may be required.
- Travel requirements: Domestic and/or Global, up to 20%
- Climate controlled office environment during normal business hours.
Jabil, including its subsidiaries, is an equal opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identify, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
BE AWARE OF FRAUD: When applying for a job at Jabil you will be contacted via correspondence through our official job portal with a jabil.com e-mail address; direct phone call from a member of the Jabil team; or direct e-mail with a jabil.com e-mail address. Jabil does not request payments for interviews or at any other point during the hiring process. Jabil will not ask for your personal identifying information such as a social security number, birth certificate, financial institution, driver’s license number or passport information over the phone or via e-mail. If you believe you are a victim of identity theft, contact the Federal Bureau of Investigations internet crime hotline (www.ic3.gov), the Federal Trade Commission identity theft hotline (www.identitytheft.gov) and/or your local police department. Any scam job listings should be reported to whatever website it was posted in.