At Jabil we strive to make ANYTHING POSSIBLE and EVERYTHING BETTER. With over 260,000 diverse, talented and dedicated employees across 100 locations in 30 countries, our vision is to be the most technologically advanced and trusted manufacturing solutions provider. We combine an unmatched breadth and depth of end-market experience, technical and design capabilities, manufacturing know-how, supply chain insights and global product management expertise to enable success for the world’s leading brands. We are driven by a common purpose to make a positive impact for each other, our communities, and the environment.
Descripción del Trabajo
Perform necessary assessments, inventories and inspections for various environmental and safety regulations, to include; Job Hazard Assessments, accident Investigations, various environmental inspections, hazard control and prevention reports, fire extinguishers, fire suppression systems, emergency lighting, and tracking and verification of corrective actions.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
· Assists in the day-to-day maintenance and monitoring of EHS programs, procedures and policies at a site.
· Completes safety statistics, accident reporting, assist with accident and hazard investigations and recommend corrective action.
· Conducts and prepares the format for periodic EHS inspections and / or site audits.
· Identifies and evaluates environmental, health and safety hazards at the site.
· Enforce compliance with with OSHA, EPA, and other regulatory agencies as well as site and corporate policy.
· Utilize various software programs for performing updates to existing documents and creating new documentation.
· Knowledge and ability to oversee ergonomic risks and assist with providing recommendations with reducing those risks.
· Maintain data pertaining to MSDS, Accident Reports and corrective action.
· Assist or provide specialized training classes pertaining to environmental and/or safety-related subjects to various personnel within the company.
· Prepare various reports for agencies and internal documentation.
· Maintain files and documentation records as required by various agencies.
· Control and oversee all site EHS programs such as PPE, Industrial Hygiene, Contractor Management, and etc.
· Assist in developing new programs and procedures as needed.
· Work with in established guideline for the continual improvement of the Environmental Health and Safety Department.
· Ability to assess and complete risk assessments
· Assist in reviewing and coordinating the Emergency Response Program.
· Adhere to all safety and health rules and regulations associated with this position and as directed by supervisor and/or manager.
· Comply and follow all procedures within the company security policy
· May perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
· Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical inference, and fundamentals of plane and solid geometry and trigonometry.
· Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations.
· Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
· Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
· Ability to operate a personal computer including using a Windows based operating system and related software.
· Advanced PC skills, including training and knowledge of Jabil’s software packages.
· Ability to write simple correspondence. Read and understand visual aid.
· Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out simple one- or two-step instructions.
· Ability to deal with standardized situations with only occasional or no variables.
· Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos.
· Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
· Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret graphs.
· While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand, walk, stoop and bend. Uses hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. Extensive climbing on ladders, stairs will be required. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. Must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
Jabil, including its subsidiaries, is an equal opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identify, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
BE AWARE OF FRAUD: When applying for a job at Jabil you will be contacted via correspondence through our official job portal with a jabil.com e-mail address; direct phone call from a member of the Jabil team; or direct e-mail with a jabil.com e-mail address. Jabil does not request payments for interviews or at any other point during the hiring process. Jabil will not ask for your personal identifying information such as a social security number, birth certificate, financial institution, driver’s license number or passport information over the phone or via e-mail. If you believe you are a victim of identity theft, contact the Federal Bureau of Investigations internet crime hotline (www.ic3.gov), the Federal Trade Commission identity theft hotline (www.identitytheft.gov) and/or your local police department. Any scam job listings should be reported to whatever website it was posted in.