At Jabil we strive to make ANYTHING POSSIBLE and EVERYTHING BETTER. With over 260,000 diverse, talented and dedicated employees across 100 locations in 30 countries, our vision is to be the most technologically advanced and trusted manufacturing solutions provider. We combine an unmatched breadth and depth of end-market experience, technical and design capabilities, manufacturing know-how, supply chain insights and global product management expertise to enable success for the world’s leading brands. We are driven by a common purpose to make a positive impact for each other, our communities, and the environment.
Descripción del Trabajo
Lead the Component Engineering section in operating with a high level of efficiency, integrity and enthusiasm, striving to achieve excellence in all endeavors. Be creative and proactive contributor on the management team, focused on continuous improvement.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
· Recruits, trains and supervises Component Engineers.
· Ensures that Component Engineer has access to proper tools and technical / soft skill trainings.
· Develops, motivates and challenges Component Engineers to perform to their full potential by providing direct and timely feedback in formal and informal media.
· Continuously reviews the component engineering requirements of the workcells, and to develop a strategy to fulfill the requirements.
· To ensure AMPL data is properly reviewed, maintained and classified on SAP.
· Ensures that all PCN received are reviewed and disseminated in a timely manner.
· Reviews the opportunity of recommending alternate source to the workcells to achieve better supply assurance and pricing.
· Monitors performance indicators such as PSR.
· Enhances buyer’s understanding of components by arranging technical training and disseminating component news on a regular basis.
· Participates in project as assigned by Materials Manager.
· May perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
· Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
· Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
· Ability to operate a personal computer including using a Windows based operating system and related software.
· Advanced PC skills, including training and knowledge of Jabil’s software packages.
· Ability to write simple correspondence. Read and understand visual aid.
· Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out simple one- or two-step instructions.
· Ability to deal with standardized situations with only occasional or no variables.
· Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos.
· Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
· Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret graphs.
Jabil, including its subsidiaries, is an equal opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identify, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
BE AWARE OF FRAUD: When applying for a job at Jabil you will be contacted via correspondence through our official job portal with a jabil.com e-mail address; direct phone call from a member of the Jabil team; or direct e-mail with a jabil.com e-mail address. Jabil does not request payments for interviews or at any other point during the hiring process. Jabil will not ask for your personal identifying information such as a social security number, birth certificate, financial institution, driver’s license number or passport information over the phone or via e-mail. If you believe you are a victim of identity theft, contact your local police department. Any scam job listings should be reported to whatever website it was posted in.