At Jabil we strive to make ANYTHING POSSIBLE and EVERYTHING BETTER. With over 260,000 diverse, talented and dedicated employees across 100 locations in 30 countries, our vision is to be the most technologically advanced and trusted manufacturing solutions provider. We combine an unmatched breadth and depth of end-market experience, technical and design capabilities, manufacturing know-how, supply chain insights and global product management expertise to enable success for the world’s leading brands. We are driven by a common purpose to make a positive impact for each other, our communities, and the environment.
Descripción del Trabajo
MANUFACTURING ENGINEER II (PACKAGING)
Perform the duties of a Manufacturing Engineer in the Albuquerque Packaging Workcell.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Learn medical device packaging processes/equipment and quality requirements.
- Depending on complexity, participate and/or lead projects focused on selecting, installing, and validating new packaging equipment and processes.
- Identify and implement opportunities to optimize existing packaging equipment and processes.
- Assist the Workcell Manager and Lead Engineer to ensure coverage of Manufacturing Engineering responsibilities in the event of absences due to vacation, illness, training, or other reasons. Perform those duties if and when a critical need arises.
- Interface with Production staff and other Manufacturing Engineers to determine corrective actions needed to optimize machine efficiency and operational effectiveness.
- Interact with Plant Management, Operations, Quality, Sterilization, and Purchasing to understand requirements, communicate status, and resolve issues.
- Create equipment and process documents and implement procedures that ensure operational excellence and design for manufacturing (DFM) principles are followed.
- Write and execute validation documents (IQ, OQ, SQ, PQ, PV) compliant with Jabil procedures and regulatory requirements.
- May perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
JOB QUALIFICATIONS and KNOWLEDGE REQUIREMENTS
- Automated electromechanical systems with hands-on troubleshooting skills
- Networked equipment and SCADA, CMMS, and MES systems
- Selecting, commissioning, and validating automated manufacturing equipment
- Technical writing
- Proven PC and communications skills
Education & Experience Requirements
- Bachelors degree preferred: Electrical/Mechanical/Chemical Engineering preferred
- 4+ years of experience with hi-volume manufacturing processes and equipment
Jabil, including its subsidiaries, is an equal opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identify, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
BE AWARE OF FRAUD: When applying for a job at Jabil you will be contacted via correspondence through our official job portal with a jabil.com e-mail address; direct phone call from a member of the Jabil team; or direct e-mail with a jabil.com e-mail address. Jabil does not request payments for interviews or at any other point during the hiring process. Jabil will not ask for your personal identifying information such as a social security number, birth certificate, financial institution, driver’s license number or passport information over the phone or via e-mail. If you believe you are a victim of identity theft, contact the Federal Bureau of Investigations internet crime hotline (www.ic3.gov), the Federal Trade Commission identity theft hotline (www.identitytheft.gov) and/or your local police department. Any scam job listings should be reported to whatever website it was posted in.