At Jabil we strive to make ANYTHING POSSIBLE and EVERYTHING BETTER. With over 260,000 diverse, talented and dedicated employees across 100 locations in 30 countries, our vision is to be the most technologically advanced and trusted manufacturing solutions provider. We combine an unmatched breadth and depth of end-market experience, technical and design capabilities, manufacturing know-how, supply chain insights and global product management expertise to enable success for the world’s leading brands. We are driven by a common purpose to make a positive impact for each other, our communities, and the environment.
Descripción del Trabajo
Enhances the capabilities of the Manufacturing Engineering Department by providing technical and administrative support to the engineering group as directed by the assigned team Project Engineer.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
· Assists Manufacturing Engineers in analyzing daily yield data and determining areas requiring increased focus.
· Assists engineers in root cause failure analysis of production assemblies including process capability studies, variable isolation analysis and designed experiments.
· Periodically performs time studies and utilize yield data to maintain appropriate staffing levels and maximize efficiency.
· Ensures essential production information (inspection instructions, customer complaints, production scheduling, etc) is communicated consistently and effectively throughout the line and from shift to shift.
· Analyzes prototype assemblies and develops manual assembly process.
· Adhere to all safety and health rules and regulations associated with this position and as directed by supervisor.
· Comply and follow all procedures within the company security policy.
- AA degree or equivalent electronics experience;
- 3-4 years experience building complete assemblies from prints;
- knowledge of SMP machinery capabilities
Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos. Ability to write simple correspondence. Read and understand visual aid. Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization.
Must be able to calculate quantity of parts to be prepped and ready for use at any time. Ability to add and subtract two digit numbers and to multiply and divide with 10's and 100's.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out simple one- or two-step instructions. Ability to deal with standardized situations with only occasional or no variables.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Individual may be required to sit, stand or walk. Reaching, loading, and unloading of boards and reels is mandatory, as is lifting of up to 35 lbs. Specific vision requirements for this job include close vision for examining circuit boards and parts, the ability to read visual aids and parts bins, and visually identify specific parts and polarity. Ability to wear half face negative pressure air-purifying respirator. Ability to maintain proper seal by not allowing more than one day's growth of facial hair on the sealing surface of the respirator. Participation in industrial hygiene for exposure to lead as defined under OSHA 1910.1025 (Occupational Exposure to Lead).
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Individual’s primary workstation is located on the manufacturing floor. The noise level in the work environment is moderate.
Jabil, including its subsidiaries, is an equal opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identify, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
JDAS ROLE DETAILS
This position REQUIRES US Citizenship (no sponsorship allowed)
- This is an on site role to support the manufacturing plant
- This specific position is only for 2nd shift support
- Supports manufacturing team with program and visual concerns
- Must have the ability to read and understand visuals
- Must have the ability to construct simple instructions from a lengthy complex process
- Ensures essential production information (inspection instructions, customer complaints, production scheduling, etc) is communicated consistently and effectively throughout the line and from shift to shift
- Creates and maintains all visual aids and process specifications used for Manufacturing and Quality
- Creates and maintains all component data table setups for traceability purposes
- Creates and maintains machine programs used for Manufacturing (high emphasis on Surface Mount Technology)
Successful applicants will have to fulfill all prerequisites for contracts. Certain position may require US Citizenship.
BE AWARE OF FRAUD: When applying for a job at Jabil you will be contacted via correspondence through our official job portal with a jabil.com e-mail address; direct phone call from a member of the Jabil team; or direct e-mail with a jabil.com e-mail address. Jabil does not request payments for interviews or at any other point during the hiring process. Jabil will not ask for your personal identifying information such as a social security number, birth certificate, financial institution, driver’s license number or passport information over the phone or via e-mail. If you believe you are a victim of identity theft, contact the Federal Bureau of Investigations internet crime hotline (www.ic3.gov), the Federal Trade Commission identity theft hotline (www.identitytheft.gov) and/or your local police department. Any scam job listings should be reported to whatever website it was posted in.