At Jabil we strive to make ANYTHING POSSIBLE and EVERYTHING BETTER. With over 260,000 diverse, talented and dedicated employees across 100 locations in 30 countries, our vision is to be the most technologically advanced and trusted manufacturing solutions provider. We combine an unmatched breadth and depth of end-market experience, technical and design capabilities, manufacturing know-how, supply chain insights and global product management expertise to enable success for the world’s leading brands. We are driven by a common purpose to make a positive impact for each other, our communities, and the environment.
Descripción del Trabajo
Conducts business process analyses, needs assessments, and preliminary cost/benefit analyses in an effort to align information technology solutions with business initiatives.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
· Develop code, test, debug, document, maintain, modify and install programs.
· Conduct inquiries pertaining to the development of new information systems to meet current and projected business needs.
· Write functional and technical specifications of user needs for application development, enhancements, and testing.
· Analyze user requirements, procedures, and problems to improve existing systems.
· Confers with organizational units involved to determine requirements.
· Develop/maintain computer programs to store, locate, and retrieve specific documents, data and information with other system equipment.
· Write programs that interface with other system equipment.
· Devise sample input data to test accuracy of program.
· Assist with roll out of developed applications.
· Resolve questions of program intent, input data acquisition, time sharing, output requirements, coding use and modification, and inclusion of internal checks/code reviews for system integrity.
· Observe or run test of program using sample or actual data, assist in user acceptance training.
· Adhere to development framework standards.
· Maintain and develop documentation for responsible area.
· Maintain a thorough knowledge and in-depth field experience regarding emerging or job technologies required to fulfill the job, this could include formal or self paced professional development.
· Provide status updates of assigned projects.
· Maintain positive relations with all employees encouraging them to suggest ways of improving IT systems.
· Ability to operate a personal computer including using a Windows based operating system and related software.
· Advanced PC skills, including training and knowledge of Jabil’s software packages.
· Ability to write simple correspondence. Read and understand visual aid.
· Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out simple one- or two-step instructions.
· Ability to deal with standardized situations with only occasional or no variables.
· Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos.
· Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
· Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret graphs.
· Proven proficiency across multiple disciplines and or technologies.
· Advanced programming skills in both .Net and SQL Server.
· Advanced design and architecture experience.
· Experience with XML structure and reporting engines.
· Advanced skills with SQL, IIS, HTTP, and FTP.
· Strong Linux experience, preferred
· Experience in designing applications for automated production environments, preferred
· Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of
Jabil, including its subsidiaries, is an equal opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identify, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
BE AWARE OF FRAUD: When applying for a job at Jabil you will be contacted via correspondence through our official job portal with a jabil.com e-mail address; direct phone call from a member of the Jabil team; or direct e-mail with a jabil.com e-mail address. Jabil does not request payments for interviews or at any other point during the hiring process. Jabil will not ask for your personal identifying information such as a social security number, birth certificate, financial institution, driver’s license number or passport information over the phone or via e-mail. If you believe you are a victim of identity theft, contact your local police department. Any scam job listings should be reported to whatever website it was posted in.