At Jabil we strive to make ANYTHING POSSIBLE and EVERYTHING BETTER. With over 260,000 diverse, talented and dedicated employees across 100 locations in 30 countries, our vision is to be the most technologically advanced and trusted manufacturing solutions provider. We combine an unmatched breadth and depth of end-market experience, technical and design capabilities, manufacturing know-how, supply chain insights and global product management expertise to enable success for the world’s leading brands. We are driven by a common purpose to make a positive impact for each other, our communities, and the environment.
Descripción del Trabajo
Under general supervision, responsible for operations, repairs, adjustments, and ongoing maintenance of facilities and production equipment containing chemicals. The Chemical Maintenance Technician is a creative and proactive contributor, focused on continued improvement. This role will be the immediate responder to any and all incidents of equipment failures and possible chemical containment. Lead the distribution of work and equipment to the other workers and be the first escalation point for process related problems.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Lead the other employees by distribution of work, schedules and first escalation point for process problems.
- Implements new processes including new material development and chemical liquid testing and inspecting.
- Edits standard operating procedures (SOP) for operating new processes. Ensures new product research and development results are in line with company goals and meets customer needs
- Follows program schedule to develop new material and chemical liquids.
- Defines best parameters for production to ensure quality of product is stable.
- Assists in writing accurate production documentation for SOP.
- Develops parameter file and improves operating practices.
- Collects, analyzes and summarizes yield rate of equipment and related experimental data to ensure production equipment runs efficiently and effectively.
- Perform electrical and mechanical repairs of fixtures and equipment on company premises keeping in mind the chemical hazards that he/she might be encountering or causing
- Oversee installation, relocation and reinstallation of new and/or existing equipment with a mindset of limiting/controlling safety exposures
- Perform simple engineering calculations for equipment
- Following work instructions to operate equipment to meet production schedule demands
- Track machine operational efficiency through log and note taking
- Lead other members of the shift to meet production targets
- Ensure production metrics are recorded and communicated to supervisors and managers
- Update mechanical prints when changes mandate
- Submit proposals and recommendations to department supervisor for upgrades or changes
- Perform preventative maintenance and maintain maintenance records for each piece of equipment responsible for
- Troubleshoot and conduct periodic inspections to determine maintenance work required
- Follow Preventive Maintenance Instructions and ensure that the records for such are properly documented
- Strict adherence to all environmental, safety and health rules and regulations associated with this position and as directed by supervisor
- Comply and follow all procedures within the company security policy
- First responder to equipment failures and deployment of containment actions
- May perform shift lead duties as assigned and distribute work to others as asked by management.
- Other duties may be assigned
MANAGEMENT & SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES
Typically reports to Management. Direct supervisor job title(s) typically include: Manager, Sr. Manager
Job is NOT directly responsible for managing other employees (e.g., hiring/termination and/or pay decisions, performance management).
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
- High school diploma or equivalent plus two or four-year technical degree preferred
- Typically requires a minimum of 6 years’ experience in a similar role and displays team leadership skills.
- Prefer prior experience leading teams but must have shown leadership ability in current role at minimum.
- Or an equivalent combination of education, training or experience
Jabil, including its subsidiaries, is an equal opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identify, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
BE AWARE OF FRAUD: When applying for a job at Jabil you will be contacted via correspondence through our official job portal with a jabil.com e-mail address; direct phone call from a member of the Jabil team; or direct e-mail with a jabil.com e-mail address. Jabil does not request payments for interviews or at any other point during the hiring process. Jabil will not ask for your personal identifying information such as a social security number, birth certificate, financial institution, driver’s license number or passport information over the phone or via e-mail. If you believe you are a victim of identity theft, contact your local police department. Any scam job listings should be reported to whatever website it was posted in.