At Jabil we strive to make ANYTHING POSSIBLE and EVERYTHING BETTER. With over 260,000 diverse, talented and dedicated employees across 100 locations in 30 countries, our vision is to be the most technologically advanced and trusted manufacturing solutions provider. We combine an unmatched breadth and depth of end-market experience, technical and design capabilities, manufacturing know-how, supply chain insights and global product management expertise to enable success for the world’s leading brands. We are driven by a common purpose to make a positive impact for each other, our communities, and the environment.
Descripción del Trabajo
An Associate Test Development Engineer is required to perform low to medium complexity engineering work. The types of work performed include development of test solutions, test crisis support and continuous improvement of core competency. The types of work performed include construction, debug and repair of custom PCBs, fixtures, test racks including hardware and software.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Development of test solutions:
- Typically receives project-level direction from the project leader
- Typically assigned to develop test solutions of low to medium complexity
- Test solution development tasks are done according to budget and schedule commitments from the test solution quotes
- The tasks comprising a test solution development may include, but are not limited to, Design For Test (DFT), design, assembly, debug, validation, deployment, and emergency support of electrical hardware, mechanical hardware, optical hardware and software.
- Electrical hardware typically includes, but is not limited to:
- GPIB, USB and RS-232 controlled equipment
- PXI and LXI based test equipment
- Design of custom circuitry implemented in custom circuit boards and cables
- Mechanical hardware typically includes, but is not limited to:
- Environmental Stress Screening (ESS) chamber racks
- Bench-test setups
- 19” equipment racks
- Custom automated high-throughput fixtures with probe fields, and top, bottom, and side mounted pneumatically actuated modules.
- Software and compilers typically includes, but is not limited to:
- LabWindows/CVI, LabView and TestStand
- C#, ANSI C and Visual C++
- Visual Basic
- Assembly for Motorola and Intel microcontrollers and microprocessors
- HTML, PERL, ASP and custom scripting languages.
- Software for Agilent/Keysight 3070 ICT and other MDA platforms
- Test development sites develop solutions for several test processes including, but not limited to:
- In-Circuit test (ICT) and Manufacturing Defect Analyzer (MDA)
- Boundary Scan/ JTAG
- Board-level functional test
- System test
- The process of developing test solutions includes, but is not limited to:
- Test development (OrCAD, AutoCAD, FabMaster and other software development tools listed above)
- Project tracking (action items, journals, time entry, milestones, and deliverables checklists)
- Test solution design guidelines (global fixture specification, schematic design requirements)
- Design reviews (Initial and post-installation)
- Documentation package templates (test specification, BOM’s, tester validation, etc…)
- Adhere to all safety and health rules and regulations associated with this position and as directed by supervisor.
- Comply and follow all procedures within the company security policy.
- May perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
MANAGEMENT & SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES
- Typically reports to Management. Direct supervisor job title(s) typically include: Test Development Manager/Technical Program Manager/Project Engineer/Senior Test Development Engineer.
- Job is NOT directly responsible for managing other employees (e.g., hiring/termination and/or pay decisions, performance management).
- Understands Manufacturing Test Strategy and demonstrates proficiency in at least one area of test development.
- Knowledge of Test Development areas including structural and functional test, development of Manufacturing Test Specifications.
- Demonstrated hands-on practical knowledge in a test development environment.
- Appreciation and understanding of relevant industry standards and specifications.
- Demonstrated ability to consistently provide innovative manufacturing test solutions.
- Must maintain up-to-date knowledge in deployable test technologies as a continuous improvement of core competency.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
- Diploma in an engineering discipline from a college or university related to a technology field.
- Minimum 1~3 years experience in a test development environment.
- Or an equivalent combination of education, training or experience.
Jabil, including its subsidiaries, is an equal opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identify, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
BE AWARE OF FRAUD: When applying for a job at Jabil you will be contacted via correspondence through our official job portal with a jabil.com e-mail address; direct phone call from a member of the Jabil team; or direct e-mail with a jabil.com e-mail address. Jabil does not request payments for interviews or at any other point during the hiring process. Jabil will not ask for your personal identifying information such as a social security number, birth certificate, financial institution, driver’s license number or passport information over the phone or via e-mail. If you believe you are a victim of identity theft, contact your local police department. Any scam job listings should be reported to whatever website it was posted in.