At Jabil we strive to make ANYTHING POSSIBLE and EVERYTHING BETTER. With over 260,000 diverse, talented and dedicated employees across 100 locations in 30 countries, our vision is to be the most technologically advanced and trusted manufacturing solutions provider. We combine an unmatched breadth and depth of end-market experience, technical and design capabilities, manufacturing know-how, supply chain insights and global product management expertise to enable success for the world’s leading brands. We are driven by a common purpose to make a positive impact for each other, our communities, and the environment.
Descripción del Trabajo
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
· Training to be a Workcell Manager.
· Provide leadership and motivation to cell team members in order to achieve project goals.
· Ensure that workcell team members clearly know the goals and verify that they follow manufacturing specifications and procedures as well as the production program.
· Support initiatives by support departments that help the continuous improvement of productivity and quality (reduce waste, re-work, inspection, and customer returns/complaints), and eliminate any process that do not add value to the product.
· Optimally plan cell’s work in such a manner that they comply with production programs in quantity and mix at the lowest possible cost.
· Strictly control costs that affect workcell.
· Ensure that the workcell fulfills all specific activities in the DRP and the ISO9000, QS9000, and ISO14000 systems.
· Create and provide follow up to development programs of the members of the Quality Assurance area.
· Ensure that the cell team members know and comply with the policies and procedures of the Company.
· Participate in the development of the budget of the workcell.
· Participate in the performance management process work personnel assigned to the workcell.
· May perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
· Strong knowledge of global and regional logistics operations and industry.
· Strong proficiency in determining logistics requirements to enable company’s business goals and objectives with ability to devise and implement strategy to achieve targets.
· Strong financial and analytical ability. Proficiency in managing business analytics to determine optimum company footprint.
· Strong knowledge of international direct and indirect taxes as well as global customs regimes.
· Proven track record of successful change management accomplishments, implementing and management continuous productivity and cost reduction programs.
· Strong and convincing communication skills.
· Proficiency in use of personal computers, Microsoft Office products (Excel, Word and PowerPoint) and e-mail skills required.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
· Engineering degree; Degree related to electronic manufacturing preferred.
· At least 5 years experience in at least 2 of the following operations areas: Manufacturing, Quality, Engineering, Materials –
Finance and HR desired, preferably in a high-volume electronic manufacturing environment.
· Or a combination of education, experience and/or training.
Jabil, including its subsidiaries, is an equal opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identify, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
BE AWARE OF FRAUD: When applying for a job at Jabil you will be contacted via correspondence through our official job portal with a jabil.com e-mail address; direct phone call from a member of the Jabil team; or direct e-mail with a jabil.com e-mail address. Jabil does not request payments for interviews or at any other point during the hiring process. Jabil will not ask for your personal identifying information such as a social security number, birth certificate, financial institution, driver’s license number or passport information over the phone or via e-mail. If you believe you are a victim of identity theft, contact your local police department. Any scam job listings should be reported to whatever website it was posted in.