At Jabil we strive to make ANYTHING POSSIBLE and EVERYTHING BETTER. With over 260,000 diverse, talented and dedicated employees across 100 locations in 30 countries, our vision is to be the most technologically advanced and trusted manufacturing solutions provider. We combine an unmatched breadth and depth of end-market experience, technical and design capabilities, manufacturing know-how, supply chain insights and global product management expertise to enable success for the world’s leading brands. We are driven by a common purpose to make a positive impact for each other, our communities, and the environment.
Descripción del Trabajo
Provide optimum test solutions and strategies through the effective management of people, systems, procedures and equipment for the campus. Drive innovation and continuous improvement within Test Engineering by harnessing new technologies in the areas of systems, equipment, and processes. Provide exceptional support to customers, team members, and shareholders.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
LEADERSHIP AND MANAGEMENT RESPONSIBILITIES
Recruitment and Retention:
· Recruit, interview and hire Test Engineering staff members at all levels.
· Communicate criteria to recruiters for Test Engineering staff position candidates.
· Coach Test Engineering staff members in the interviewing/hiring process.
· Monitor team member turnover; identify key factors that can be improved; make improvements.
Employee and Team Development:
· Identify individual and team strengths and development needs on an ongoing basis.
· Create and/or validate training curriculum in area of responsibility.
· Coach and mentor Test Engineering staff to deliver excellence to every internal and external customer.
· Create and manage succession plans for Test Engineering functions.
· Performance Management:
· Establish clear measurable goals and objectives by which to determine individual and team results (i.e. operational metrics, results against project timelines, training documentation, attendance records, knowledge of operational roles and responsibilities, personal development goals).
· Solicit ongoing feedback from Workcell Manager (WCM), Business Unit Manager (BUM), peers and team member on team member’s contribution to the Workcell team. Provide ongoing coaching and counseling to team member based on feedback.
· Express pride in staff and encourage them to feel good about their accomplishments.
· Perform team member evaluations professionally and on time.
· Drive individuals and the team to continuously improve in key operational metrics and the achievement of the organizational goals.
· Coordinate activities of large teams and keep them focused in times of crises.
· Ensure recognition and rewards are managed fairly and consistently in area of responsibility.
· Process all timecards, payroll adjustments, and vacation requests in a timely manner.
· Provide communication forum for the exchange of ideas and information with the department.
· Organize verbal and written ideas clearly and use an appropriate business style.
· Ask questions; encourage input from team members.
· Assess communication style of individual team members and adapt own communication style accordingly.
· Create and/or process test engineering documents such as procedures, work instructions, visuals, forms, etc. Ensure all documentation is posted and available for use by the floor personnel.
· Track tester and operator certifications to ensure only trained personnel operate test equipment.
· Update all priority white boards/ WIP tracking systems in a timely manner. Report findings to upper management on a regular basis.
· Ensure that all calibration and maintenance databases are current for periodic audits.
Business Strategy and Direction:
· Know and understand the campus strategic directions.
· Define, develop and implement Test Engineering strategies which contribute to the campus strategic directions.
· Develop an understanding of the Workcell business strategy as it pertains to Test Engineering.
· Provide regular updates to WCM and Test engineering Manager on the execution of the strategy.
· Identify creative ways to reduce cost by streamlining processes and systems (i.e. OT reductions, modification of responsibilities or consolidation of tasks, elimination of non-value-added processes, or complete re-engineering of processes and systems).
· Report OT costs and track projected OT vs actual.
· Utilize tools to monitor departmental cost and cost trends, striving continuously to improve value.
· Provide feedback to peers (engineers and Functional Managers) on cost and cost trends.
· Purchase supplies and equipment needed for day to day technician activities. Ensure that all assets are being utilized before purchases are made.
Forecast Development and Accuracy:
· Review and make recommendations to forecasts for the department regarding staff and equipment needs.
· Compare forward forecast results to historical actual results for trend assessment and analysis.
TECHNICAL MANAGEMENT RESPONSIBILITIES
· Drive continuous improvement through trend reporting analysis and metrics management.
· Assess the adequacy of data gathering methods utilized by the Workcells.
· Assure that procedures and work instructions are efficient and not redundant.
· Offer new ideas and suggestions for improvement. Identify and implement new practices and processes that are “best in field.”
· Demonstrate a commitment to customer service; anticipate, meet, and exceed expectations by solving problems quickly and effectively; making customer issues a priority.
· Establish new measurement systems if/where possible.
· Ensure 100% adherence to all company policies and procedures (i.e. Health and Safety, Quality).
· Ensure all sensitive and confidential information is handled appropriately.
· Define metrics and goals for accountability of the process, including but not limited to: downtime, escapes, false calls, and technician efficiency.
· Analyze data in order to effectively institute practices and procedures to increase metrics at all steps of test.
· Gather, organize and present of First Pass Yield data to drive departmental goals for metrics.
· Identifying and implementing tools to effectively generate and analyze key metric data such as downtime, costs, escapes and yield data.
· Recognize trending on ground and high level data, as well as reliability and repeatability data.
· Develop, modify and maintain a preventative maintenance program and assure compliance to reduce downtime and increase yields throughout the process.
· Ensure all test equipment is regularly calibrated and meets ISO standards (quote, hire calibration teams, and maintain calibration records)
· Interact and present data with various customers, both internal and external.
· Adhere to all safety and health rules and regulations associated with this position and as directed by supervisor.
· Comply and follow all procedures within the company security policy.
HS Diploma and five years experience including two in management. Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering preferred.
Jabil, including its subsidiaries, is an equal opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identify, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
BE AWARE OF FRAUD: When applying for a job at Jabil you will be contacted via correspondence through our official job portal with a jabil.com e-mail address; direct phone call from a member of the Jabil team; or direct e-mail with a jabil.com e-mail address. Jabil does not request payments for interviews or at any other point during the hiring process. Jabil will not ask for your personal identifying information such as a social security number, birth certificate, financial institution, driver’s license number or passport information over the phone or via e-mail. If you believe you are a victim of identity theft, contact your local police department. Any scam job listings should be reported to whatever website it was posted in.