At Jabil we strive to make ANYTHING POSSIBLE and EVERYTHING BETTER. With over 260,000 diverse, talented and dedicated employees across 100 locations in 30 countries, our vision is to be the most technologically advanced and trusted manufacturing solutions provider. We combine an unmatched breadth and depth of end-market experience, technical and design capabilities, manufacturing know-how, supply chain insights and global product management expertise to enable success for the world’s leading brands. We are driven by a common purpose to make a positive impact for each other, our communities, and the environment.
Descripción del Trabajo
Responsible for participating in the coordination, documentation, execution and analysis of qualification and cost improvement projects generated through the Engineering Department.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Prepare protocols and completion reports of routine evaluation and validations, e.g., equipment relocation and installation of equipment that is familiar to Albuquerque, as needed by the Engineering Department.
• Track and coordinate progress of evaluation materials
• Perform testing of evaluation materials throughout the processes present in Albuquerque
• Record, analyze, interpret and report on data gathered in connection with a given qualification or validation.
• Manage responsibilities related to several projects concurrently
• Write procedures for test methods, make changes to existing documents and process through Change Control system
• Implement, file and maintain documents and maintain complete Document Services Binder set.
• Train production associates to certain aspects of new or changes in production tasks
• Maintain test laboratory and oversee maintenance of lab testing equipment.
• Create or revise documents used in-process for processing products packaged at the Albuquerque site in a clear, concise manner using graphic illustrations when needed and process through Change Control system
• Maintain and assist engineer with changes to pressure sensitive label (Milli2) database
• Support multi-site department changes.
• Provide technical support for product inquiries as needed
• Follow all company safety policies and other safety precautions within the work area.
• Promote safety to all associates that enter the work area. Attend required safety training.
• A wide variety of product knowledge is preferred
• Responsible for working on projects that deliver cost improvement dollar savings.
• Other responsibilities may be assigned and not all responsibilities listed may be assigned.
• Lean - The individual will spend a significant amount of time on the shop floor implementing lea strategies, teaching, mentoring and acting as one of the champions of lean.
• Lean - Kaizen blitz events will be used as vehicles for change within the plant. The Lean Manufacturing Technician will help lead these events helping to prepare for the events and then participating actively to help the team identify and solve problems.
• Lean - Transfer of knowledge on Lean principles to natural work team and individuals in formal training and informal one-on-one situations.
• Environmental – Participate in implementation of the EMS management system including continual improvement; pollution prevention; objectives and targets; and regulatory compliance. Implement and follow all applicable EMS procedures. Adhere to the site’s EHS Code of Conduct.
MANAGEMENT & SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES
• Job is NOT directly responsible for managing other employees (e.g., hiring/termination and/or pay decisions, performance management).
• Report to Senior or Staff Engineer
• Good communication skills, verbal as well as written.
• Good interpersonal skills that allow for interaction with multiple disciplines and organizational levels.
• Ability to prioritize work-schedules and coordinate multiple projects.
• Demonstrate initiative in problem solving.
• Ability to lift and maneuver raw materials and pieces of equipment.
• Familiarity with a broad assortment of testing procedures and testing equipment.
• Technical writing in area of work instructions and ability to process documents.
• Familiarity with Database administration.
• Graphic illustration creation.
• Independent work skills.
• Knowledge of lean implementation techniques including but not limited to: Plant layout, kanban, workplace organization, value stream mapping, visual controls, one-piece flow, line balancing, set-up reduction, 5S and point of use storage.
• Personal computers and software programs: Microsoft Office-Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint and Visio.
• Minitab experience is a plus
• Other systems could be required, depending on the project scope.
• Technical Writing course work a plus.
• Database Administration course work a plus.
• Lean Manufacturing course work a plus.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
• High school diploma or equivalent but some college preferred.
• Requires 0-2 years’ experience with IPQS testing procedures, test methods and equipment operation.
• Requires 0-2 years’ experience with document creation, revision and obsolescence
• Experience with graphic illustration creation preferred
• Knowledge of Lean Manufacturing tools.
• Knowledge of Six Sigma tools is a plus.
Jabil, including its subsidiaries, is an equal opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identify, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
BE AWARE OF FRAUD: When applying for a job at Jabil you will be contacted via correspondence through our official job portal with a jabil.com e-mail address; direct phone call from a member of the Jabil team; or direct e-mail with a jabil.com e-mail address. Jabil does not request payments for interviews or at any other point during the hiring process. Jabil will not ask for your personal identifying information such as a social security number, birth certificate, financial institution, driver’s license number or passport information over the phone or via e-mail. If you believe you are a victim of identity theft, contact your local police department. Any scam job listings should be reported to whatever website it was posted in.