At Jabil we strive to make ANYTHING POSSIBLE and EVERYTHING BETTER. With over 260,000 diverse, talented and dedicated employees across 100 locations in 30 countries, our vision is to be the most technologically advanced and trusted manufacturing solutions provider. We combine an unmatched breadth and depth of end-market experience, technical and design capabilities, manufacturing know-how, supply chain insights and global product management expertise to enable success for the world’s leading brands. We are driven by a common purpose to make a positive impact for each other, our communities, and the environment.
Descripción del Trabajo
Take the major responsibility for BMC firmware design for Server and Storage projects. Provide necessary inputs to validation engineers for design quality assurance. Drive innovation and continuous improvement within Jabil Circuit by harnessing new design technologies and methodologies. Provide exceptional support to external and internal customers, team members, and other persons through technical project cooperation.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include, but are not limited to the following:
- Work with system architect to get well understood of the BMC firmware requirements and identify the major firmware (BMC) features for JTS tasked server and Storage systems
- Bridge and contact with BMC firmware vendor(s) for core update or critical bug(s) resolving
- Lead the BMC firmware development/update for Design& Sustaining Project
- Conduct the design and implementation of the BMC and other firmware subsystem of the product
- Support system firmware validation and lead the BMC sub-system debug and root cause analysis
- End of life re-design, New vendor qualification, and Design related issues found in Manufacturing or Field
- Speed bump increase to memory, CPU and other critical system components
- Debug and validate firmware design, system level debug and root cause analysis
- Able to design and apply patches to source code and drive correct remedial action through S/W vendor
- Control and maintain source code and BIOS versionsacross projects & customer base
Person Background :
- Candidates should have 3 or more years experience in Server System BMC Design
- Typically, the following essential qualifications and experiences would be requested:
Bachelor or Master in Electronics, computing, software engineering or similar Good English speaking and literacy Strong working knowledge of BMC vendor and code structure, ability to define and identify the specific BMC firmware requirements Excellent knowledge of BMC includes IPMI 1.5 & 2.0, event logs, SDR, SEL, FRU records, serial over LAN, IPMB, Side-band LAN, KCS etc. Good knowledge of ACPI, SMI, SCI, APM, AMD Power Now, ASF, Debuggers , AFI, Boot block, SMART, Hyper Transport, Intel LFBP, Intel Speed-step, MPS tables, Net-boot, PCI Express config & routing, PXE, S1-S4 sleep, Serial Flash, SMBUS & SMBIOS, USB2.0, User ROM, WFM etc. Working knowledge of the following OS, Windows Adv Server, XP, Suse 32 and 64, Red-hat etc Working knowledge of windows & Linux configuration, installation procedure, network configuration, driver configuration etc. Hands-on design knowledge of latest peripheral chipsets for Gigabit Ethernet, Ultra-SCSI 320, USB2.0, 1394, Ethernet, IDE, SATA & PCI cards (modem, SCSI, TV etc) AGP cards etc
-High performance RISC / X86 CPUs and architecture inc. Intel P4, Xeon, Opteron & Athlon64
- In addition, knowledge of the following would be desirable:
a) Microsoft MCSEE, Cisco & Novell certified engineers
Strong electronic product design and debug skills Network, Ethernet, Hubs & Switches, LAN config, Server admin etc. Ability to self-install various operating system such as Linux, Unix, Windows Advance Server & Windows XP etc.
Person Attributes :
The successful candidate will be a self-motivated individual capable of working with a minimum of supervision in a dynamic team environment. Good interpersonal skills: be able to communicate in English and with members of other teams, departments and clients; as a high degree of liaison is needed.
Jabil, including its subsidiaries, is an equal opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identify, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
BE AWARE OF FRAUD: When applying for a job at Jabil you will be contacted via correspondence through our official job portal with a jabil.com e-mail address; direct phone call from a member of the Jabil team; or direct e-mail with a jabil.com e-mail address. Jabil does not request payments for interviews or at any other point during the hiring process. Jabil will not ask for your personal identifying information such as a social security number, birth certificate, financial institution, driver’s license number or passport information over the phone or via e-mail. If you believe you are a victim of identity theft, contact your local police department. Any scam job listings should be reported to whatever website it was posted in.