At Jabil we strive to make ANYTHING POSSIBLE and EVERYTHING BETTER. With over 260,000 diverse, talented and dedicated employees across 100 locations in 30 countries, our vision is to be the most technologically advanced and trusted manufacturing solutions provider. We combine an unmatched breadth and depth of end-market experience, technical and design capabilities, manufacturing know-how, supply chain insights and global product management expertise to enable success for the world’s leading brands. We are driven by a common purpose to make a positive impact for each other, our communities, and the environment.
Descripción del Trabajo
***This is a hybrid role can be located at either our Clinton, MA - San Jose, CA - St Petersburg, FL campuses***
Jabil is currently searching for a unique and talented Senior Electrical Design Engineer with extensive experience in product development to join our office in Clinton, MA, San Jose, CA, or St Petersburg, FL. The ideal candidate will demonstrate a history of creative problem solving, a mastery of engineering principles a demonstrated history of embedded HW development, and a practical knowledge of manufacturing processes. Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, and a passion for product development are essential to our teams.
Senior Electrical Design Engineer help design teams focused on significant and unique design projects and challenges. Delivers projects throughout the whole design development process which entail early engagement and collaborating with business development to assess potential opportunities and create accurate proposal, leading efforts during discovery and design phases (POC and EV) and transfer the product into production. You will be expected to demonstrate a level of expertise in a particular area that matches or exceeds the expertise of customers. Consults on system architectures, assess technical requirements and competencies needed during quoting and oversee design progressions during product developments. Mentors others in the organization to build team design capability.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Develops and validates embedded hardware design applications of a complex nature.
- Independently leads new and unique embedded hardware design and PCB layout designs utilizing standard tools (Altium, SPICE etc)
- Supports development of Embedded Software for a variety of embedded and mobile target systems
- Delivers solutions that require multiple Electrical design expertise across multiple EE competencies with limited supervision.
- Conveys technical solutions for areas of competence both to other engineers and to business personnel.
- Lead EE product devolvement and system architecture from early project stages (proposal, POC, EV, DV and PV)
- Works with engineering team to develop final product solution for chosen architecture within time and cost constraints.
- Independently assembles prototypes and validates proper functionality
- Close collaboration with Business Development to assess pipeline opportunities, early engagement with clients, scoping and accurate proposal preparation.
- Evaluating/selecting electronic components, and makes recommendations to component mfg, regarding roadmaps and feature enhancements
- Communicates technical aspects of a project effectively to customer, and can lead some customer engagements.
- Lead resolution of complex design issues and manages design trade-offs and provide necessary input and guidance on active projects.
- Travel up to 10%
Day to Day Activities
This Principle Electrical Design Engineer will be responsible for architecting and executing or overseeing the design, prototyping, and testing of innovative products and systems. You’ll collaborate with our inter-disciplinary project teams and help our clients deliver exiting innovations to end-users. In this role, your responsibilities will include:
- Engage early in the proposal process to help assess and understand clients’ needs and create accurate proposals.
- Provide electrical engineering feedback for project planning, budgeting, risk management
- Participate on product development teams with responsibility for the quality and content of EE project work, including interaction and collaboration with clients.
- Contribute engineering knowledge and experience on a wide range of early-stage projects, including technical feasibility, architecture generation, power budgeting, etc.
- Circuit development and analysis, including schematics and simulation, component specification, BOM development, and sourcing
- Inform, oversee, and review PCB layouts
- Familiarity with Regulatory Development requirements associated with Hardware systems for medical products
- Manage the project work of additional on-site or remote team members
- Liaise with contract manufacturers, including manufacturing quality and test planning
- Bring-up and qualify PCBs and systems
- Maintain a high standard of customer service and professional guidance
- Promote a results oriented culture of teamwork, respect, excellence, integrity and accountability
- Conceptualize ways of providing new and improved value to our customers
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE & KNOWLEDGE REQUIREMENTS
- Electrical Engineering Degree (BSEE/MSEE/PHD or equivalent experience)
- 10+ years experience in embedded hardware design or other key competency.
- Experience with the development of Medical Products is necessary as is work experience in a consulting business environment.
- Experience with Altium PCB Design tools is also desired as is hands-on experience developing mobile apps and Application programs for PC target environments.
- Hands-on Software Development experience with low power embedded devices and connected mobile apps is a plus
- Broad knowledge developing high complexity projects that have required multiple Electrical Engineering Design specializations or competencies: Power supply Theory, Digital theory, Analog theory, RF Design, etc.
- In-depth knowledge and use of key development tools and design standards: Component derating, DFMEA, oscilloscopes, multi-meters, simulation tools, etc.
BENEFITS WITH JABIL
Along with growth, stability, and the opportunity to be challenged, Jabil offers a competitive benefit package that includes:
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Plans with HRA and HSA options
- Employee Stock Purchase Plans
- Time off
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Pet Insurance
- Adoption Assistance
- Annual Merit Increases
- Community Volunteer Opportunities
Jabil, including its subsidiaries, is an equal opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identify, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
BE AWARE OF FRAUD: When applying for a job at Jabil you will be contacted via correspondence through our official job portal with a jabil.com e-mail address; direct phone call from a member of the Jabil team; or direct e-mail with a jabil.com e-mail address. Jabil does not request payments for interviews or at any other point during the hiring process. Jabil will not ask for your personal identifying information such as a social security number, birth certificate, financial institution, driver’s license number or passport information over the phone or via e-mail. If you believe you are a victim of identity theft, contact the Federal Bureau of Investigations internet crime hotline (www.ic3.gov), the Federal Trade Commission identity theft hotline (www.identitytheft.gov) and/or your local police department. Any scam job listings should be reported to whatever website it was posted in.This job cannot be performed remotely in the state of Colorado.