At Jabil we strive to make ANYTHING POSSIBLE and EVERYTHING BETTER. With over 260,000 diverse, talented and dedicated employees across 100 locations in 30 countries, our vision is to be the most technologically advanced and trusted manufacturing solutions provider. We combine an unmatched breadth and depth of end-market experience, technical and design capabilities, manufacturing know-how, supply chain insights and global product management expertise to enable success for the world’s leading brands. We are driven by a common purpose to make a positive impact for each other, our communities, and the environment.
Descripción del Trabajo
Reviews preparation of materials, supplies, and equipment for shipment according to specifications and the transportation method used.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
· Assemble orders, count and weigh and move or direct movement to designated floor locations.
· Record time, date, and method and quantity of shipments.
· Make out bills of lading, following standard procedures.
· Compares identifying information on outgoing shipments against bills of lading, invoices, orders, or other records.
· Posts weight and shipping charges and maintains shipping record files.
· Plan transfer of products to shipping dock, loading cars, or trucks.
· Specify method of crating, boxing, and/or skidding.
· Works with Planner or CSA on any sales order issues.
· Ensures that all system transactions are completed prior to releasing shipment.
· Familiarity with JACS shipping, SAP, Ship Request forms, courier sites, and AES filing.
· Familiarity with documentation related to international shipments.
· Adhere to all safety and health rules and regulations associated with this position and as directed by supervisor.
· Comply and follow all procedures within the company security policy.
· May perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
· Ability to operate a personal computer including using a Windows based operating system and related software.
· Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos.
· Ability to write simple correspondence.
· Read and understand visual aid.
· Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization.
· Must be able to calculate quantity of parts to be prepped and ready for use at any time.
· Ability to add and subtract two digit numbers and to multiply and divide with 10's and 100's.
· Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out simple one- or two-step instructions.
· Ability to deal with standardized situations with only occasional or no variables.
Jabil, including its subsidiaries, is an equal opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identify, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
BE AWARE OF FRAUD: When applying for a job at Jabil you will be contacted via correspondence through our official job portal with a jabil.com e-mail address; direct phone call from a member of the Jabil team; or direct e-mail with a jabil.com e-mail address. Jabil does not request payments for interviews or at any other point during the hiring process. Jabil will not ask for your personal identifying information such as a social security number, birth certificate, financial institution, driver’s license number or passport information over the phone or via e-mail. If you believe you are a victim of identity theft, contact your local police department. Any scam job listings should be reported to whatever website it was posted in.