At Jabil we strive to make ANYTHING POSSIBLE and EVERYTHING BETTER. With over 260,000 diverse, talented and dedicated employees across 100 locations in 30 countries, our vision is to be the most technologically advanced and trusted manufacturing solutions provider. We combine an unmatched breadth and depth of end-market experience, technical and design capabilities, manufacturing know-how, supply chain insights and global product management expertise to enable success for the world’s leading brands. We are driven by a common purpose to make a positive impact for each other, our communities, and the environment.
Descripción del Trabajo
Provide technical leadership for enterprise information technology efforts, including the design, development and delivery of technology-enabled applications, products and services. Provide solutions to technical issues, and be responsible for meeting project schedules and ensuring the delivered solution meets the technical specifications and design requirements. Technical Lead will drive the proficiency within the team, assure best practices are followed, support the delivery of quality solutions, and assist management in meeting strategic initiatives.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
· Ability to work in a technical lead role to coordinate a team of resources to ensure quality and timely delivery of projects.
· Works with functional managers to establish and maintain technical standards and guidelines for their area.
· Works with functional manager to review and evaluate new technologies that may be beneficial to current and upcoming project work.
· Participate in the technical design review process to ensure high quality technical designs.
· Plan and oversee the development and support of specific IT areas and systems
· Plan and direct activities related to introducing new services, products and processes
· Coordinate technical tasks and work effort
· Acts as an escalation for technical issues and support.
· Lead technical teams
· Identifies and communicates risks to the business.
· Contributes in defining new business requirements.
· Performs as a mentor on process and techniques to assure proficiency within the team.
· Performs research and analysis on new technology and business practices with the team.
· Align solutions within the overall IT strategy.
· Assures best practices are defined and followed.
· Drives consistency across applications and projects wherever possible.
· Implement project management methodologies to ensure project success
· Prepare and utilize project plans for significant IT development, enhancement and maintenance efforts
· Develop and direct activities to increase systems and application availability
· Act as a liaison for the technical team to the project management team and IT management
· Communicate regularly with internal and external customers
· Comply and follow all procedures within the company security policy.
· May perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
· Proven proficiency across multiple disciplines and or technologies.
· Fluent in business processes and best practices.
· Advanced PC skills, including training and knowledge of Jabil’s software packages.
· Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization.
· Demonstrated technical leadership experience
· Project management training
· Strong communication and interpersonal skills to include excellent written and verbal communication skills, and proven ability to work with the customer, management and technical teams in a “self starter” role
· Strong attention to detail
Jabil, including its subsidiaries, is an equal opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identify, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
BE AWARE OF FRAUD: When applying for a job at Jabil you will be contacted via correspondence through our official job portal with a jabil.com e-mail address; direct phone call from a member of the Jabil team; or direct e-mail with a jabil.com e-mail address. Jabil does not request payments for interviews or at any other point during the hiring process. Jabil will not ask for your personal identifying information such as a social security number, birth certificate, financial institution, driver’s license number or passport information over the phone or via e-mail. If you believe you are a victim of identity theft, contact your local police department. Any scam job listings should be reported to whatever website it was posted in.