At Jabil we strive to make ANYTHING POSSIBLE and EVERYTHING BETTER. With over 260,000 diverse, talented and dedicated employees across 100 locations in 30 countries, our vision is to be the most technologically advanced and trusted manufacturing solutions provider. We combine an unmatched breadth and depth of end-market experience, technical and design capabilities, manufacturing know-how, supply chain insights and global product management expertise to enable success for the world’s leading brands. We are driven by a common purpose to make a positive impact for each other, our communities, and the environment.
Descripción del Trabajo
Responsible for the administration and management of the financial and business aspects of plant operations in Bray, Ireland.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
LEADERSHIP AND MANAGEMENT RESPONSIBILITIES
Recruitment and Retention:
· Recruit, interview and hire Finance/Accounting Staff.
· Communicate criteria to recruiters for Finance/Accounting position candidates.
· Coach Finance/Accounting staff in the interviewing/hiring process.
· Monitor team member turnover; identify key factors that can be improved; make improvements.
Employee and Team Development:
· Identify individual and team strengths and development needs on an ongoing basis.
· Create and/or validate training curriculum in area of responsibility.
· Coach and mentor Finance/Accounting staff to deliver excellence to every internal and external customer.
· Create and manage succession plans for Finance/Accounting function.
· Establish clear measurable goals and objectives by which to determine individual and team results (i.e. operational metrics, results against project timelines, training documentation, attendance records, knowledge of operational roles and responsibilities, personal development goals).
· Solicit ongoing feedback from Business Unit, peers and team member on team member’s contribution to the team. Provide ongoing coaching and counseling to team member based on feedback.
· Express pride in staff and encourage them to feel good about their accomplishments.
· Perform team member evaluations professionally and on time.
· Drive individuals and the team to continuously improve in key operational metrics and the achievement of the organizational goals.
· Coordinate activities of large teams and keep them focused in times of crises.
· Ensure recognition and rewards are managed fairly and consistently in area of responsibility.
· Provide weekly communication forum for the exchange of ideas and information with the department.
· Organize verbal and written ideas clearly and use an appropriate business style.
· Ask questions; encourage input from staff.
· Assess communication style of individual team members and adapt own communication style accordingly.
· Assure that procedures and work instructions are efficient and not redundant.
FUNCTIONAL MANAGEMENT RESPONSIBILITIES
Business Strategy and Direction:
· Know and understand the campus strategic directions.
· Define, develop and implement an Accounting strategy which contributes to the campus strategic directions.
· Develop an understanding of the workcell business strategy as it pertains to Finance.
· Provide regular updates to Business Unit on the execution of the strategy.
· Drive continuous improvement through trend reporting analysis and metrics management.
· Identify creative ways to reduce cost by streamlining processes and systems (i.e. modification of responsibilities or consolidation of tasks, elimination of non-value-added processes, or complete re-engineering of processes and systems).
· Utilize tools to monitor departmental cost and cost trends, striving continuously to improve value.
· Provide feedback to peers on cost and cost trends.
Forecast Development and Accuracy:
· Prepare timely forecasts for the department.
· Compare forward forecast results to historical actual results for trend assessment and analysis.
· Adhere to all safety and health rules and regulations associated with this position and as directed by supervisor.
· Comply and follow all procedures within the company security policy.
- University / Bachelor’s Degree (major in Finance, Accounting, Economics)
- ACA, ACCA, CMA preferable
- 6-8 years experience in a relevant financial position, including at least 5 years experience in a management role within a finance department
- At least 5 years experience in finance controlling
- Strong ability to interact, co-operate with senior management and provide strategic perspective
- Exceptional organization skills with excellent analytical, reporting, presentation and problem-solving abilities
- Demonstrated ability to prioritize and complete tasks within tight deadlines
- Strong interpersonal skills, ability to deal with a range of junior and senior staff across the organization
- Experience in a multinational environment, Sarbanes-Oxley act, US GAAP and SAP would be a strong benefit
- Fluency in English
Work location: On site work in Bray, Ireland
Jabil, including its subsidiaries, is an equal opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identify, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
BE AWARE OF FRAUD: When applying for a job at Jabil you will be contacted via correspondence through our official job portal with a jabil.com e-mail address; direct phone call from a member of the Jabil team; or direct e-mail with a jabil.com e-mail address. Jabil does not request payments for interviews or at any other point during the hiring process. Jabil will not ask for your personal identifying information such as a social security number, birth certificate, financial institution, driver’s license number or passport information over the phone or via e-mail. If you believe you are a victim of identity theft, contact your local police department. Any scam job listings should be reported to whatever website it was posted in.