At Jabil we strive to make ANYTHING POSSIBLE and EVERYTHING BETTER. With over 260,000 diverse, talented and dedicated employees across 100 locations in 30 countries, our vision is to be the most technologically advanced and trusted manufacturing solutions provider. We combine an unmatched breadth and depth of end-market experience, technical and design capabilities, manufacturing know-how, supply chain insights and global product management expertise to enable success for the world’s leading brands. We are driven by a common purpose to make a positive impact for each other, our communities, and the environment.
Descripción del Trabajo
Materials SME II is responsible of driving standard work and continuous improvement in the processes, systems and materialfunctional talent development. This role is required to be the technical expert of processes, systems in one or multiple materials areas (Planning, Purchasing , Inventory Control and etc) as well as a qualified project leader capable of working with the operations team to put the improvement in place to provide best in class service level , target profitability and differentiated capabilitie
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
· Lead as Mega Site or Region Subject Matter Expert in one or multiple standard Materials (Planning, Purchasing and Inventory Control, etc) processes
· Lead as Mega Site or Region Subject Matter Expert in one or multiple standardized Materials systems and applications
· Coach, mentor, and provide training to the materials team and create a learning environment
· Monitor key Materials metrics for Mega Site/Region
· Support and/or maintain all lower level materials team essential duties and responsibilities
· Perform regular internal audit to make sure the materials operations under control
· Drive the standardization, simplification and optimization with continuous improvement cycle in the materials processes an
· Develop new materials best practices with supporting data to Regional and Global materials teams to optimize existing best practices
· Lead and critically evaluate cross-functional projects with broad in-depth knowledge of various functions outside of materials scope to optimize complex large-scale projects
· Materials Improvement Project Leader supervisor for mega site or region – direct and implement unique and challengingprojects that will eliminate waste in materials process, improve productivity, diagnose and identify process and system gap vs best in class operations
o Collaborate with stakeholders to define project framework and tangible goal
o Collaborate with stakeholders to define and prioritize the improvement projects to be done to improve existing business process/system
o Map ‘as is’ process with proper granularity and brain storm with stakeholders and system solution team of desired future process
o Lead the project team of business requirement documentation submission
o Define and recognize project Key Performance Indicators and manage the work within scope, quality, time and cost constraints
o Collaborate with stakeholders and IT solution team to define test plan with well evaluated business scenarios in relevant functional areas
o Conduct project risk assessment and put appropriate mitigation in place together with project team
o Actively manage all level of stakeholders through appropriate communication plan and perform timely escalation to the next level of management when necessary
o Forecast project budget and staff needs
o Actively track project progress and provide timely update
o Accountable for overall project success including cost, schedule, quality and scope management
o Project buyoff criteria identification
o Work with project team to develop training plan, training material and deliver necessary training sessions to ensure end users awareness and prepared for the change.
o Coordination of other validation activities required by the project
· Support the Lean organization by developing a solid process foundation and data integrity in order to support process improvement through the organization
· Comply and follow all procedures within the company security policy.
· May perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned
MANAGEMENT & SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES
· Typically reports to Management. Direct supervisor job title(s) typically include: Sr. SME Manager or Sr. Functional Manager in area of support (e.g. Sr Materials Manager, Sr Planning Manager, Sr Purchasing Manager, Sr Inventory Control Manager etc)
· Job is NOT directly responsible for managing other employees (e.g., hiring/termination and/or pay decisions, performance management).
· Key Requirements:
o Understand Materials standard , procedures , systems and work methodologies
o Understanding and application of broad range of materials relevant systems and technology
o Understanding of JOS, Quality Systems applied to internal manufacturing processes and how it is connected to materials processes and systems
o Understanding of Jabil’s global strategies and direction
o Proven record of accomplishment of successful change management accomplishments, implementing and management continuous improvements and cost reduction programs
· Strong communication skills
· Ability to work under pressure and able to do conflict management
· Advanced PC skills including knowledge of Jabil's software packages
· Proficient Verbal and Written English Skill
· Knowledge and understanding of Health and Safety standards & requirements
· Proficiency in use of personal computers, Microsoft Office products, Microsoft Visio, Microsoft Project skills required.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
· At least 12 years of working experience with 7 years of experience in any Materials field
· Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
· Master Degree in Supply Chain, Logistics, Procurement or MBA preferred
· Certification in Materials Operation, Supply Chain are preferred, such as APCIS Certification, etc.
· Lean Silver Certificate or Six Sigma Black Belt Preferred.
· PMP Certification Preferred
· Or an equivalent combination of education, training or experience
Jabil, including its subsidiaries, is an equal opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identify, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
BE AWARE OF FRAUD: When applying for a job at Jabil you will be contacted via correspondence through our official job portal with a jabil.com e-mail address; direct phone call from a member of the Jabil team; or direct e-mail with a jabil.com e-mail address. Jabil does not request payments for interviews or at any other point during the hiring process. Jabil will not ask for your personal identifying information such as a social security number, birth certificate, financial institution, driver’s license number or passport information over the phone or via e-mail. If you believe you are a victim of identity theft, contact your local police department. Any scam job listings should be reported to whatever website it was posted in.