At Jabil we strive to make ANYTHING POSSIBLE and EVERYTHING BETTER. With over 260,000 diverse, talented and dedicated employees across 100 locations in 30 countries, our vision is to be the most technologically advanced and trusted manufacturing solutions provider. We combine an unmatched breadth and depth of end-market experience, technical and design capabilities, manufacturing know-how, supply chain insights and global product management expertise to enable success for the world’s leading brands. We are driven by a common purpose to make a positive impact for each other, our communities, and the environment.
Descripción del Trabajo
Operational SME II will be responsible for planning, designing, implementing, and managing; integrated, production and service delivery systems that assure performance, reliability, maintainability, schedule adherence and cost control within the production mega site or region. The Operational SME II will adopt as its goal’s profitability, effectiveness, adaptability, responsiveness, quality, and the continuous improvement of products and services throughout their life cycles.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
· Project leader & supervisor for mega site or regionally – direct and implement unique and challenging projects that will eliminate waste and drive best practice at sites, with consideration of standard DF application adoption.
· Critically evaluate large scale challenges in complex manufacturing processes, unique customer challenges (production/data) and operational data to determine efficient utilization and effectiveness of applications and resources
· Lead and critically evaluate cross-functional projects with broad in-depth knowledge of various functions outside of Digital Factory to optimize complex large-scale projects
· Lead as Subject Matter Expert in all global & regional DF systems and applications
· Lead as Subject Matter Expert in all DF applications and processes to support applications.
· Communicate to all regional teams key DF and manufacturing metrics
· Clarify and define the standardization SAP and Manufacturing Execution System configurations
· Support, assist, and advise Business Unit Coordinators and Business Unit Managers, and Site Management on new & actual processes reliability, profitability, and accuracy of new project assumptions
· Lead process improvement related activities for New Product Introduction.
· Coach, mentor, and train resources within the DF team & other functional teams as required
· Support and/or maintain all lower level Operational SME essential duties and responsibilities
· Ensure the standardization of Jabil processes throughout the site in accordance with the global, regional and site direction
· Develop new DF best practices with supporting data to Regional and Global DF teams to optimize existing best practices
· Support the Lean organization by developing a solid process foundation and data integrity in order to support process improvement through the organization
· Comply and follow all procedures within the company security policy.
· May perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned
MANAGEMENT & SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES
· Typically reports to management or leadership. Direct supervisor job title(s) typically include: Sr. Manager, Director, VP
· Job is NOT directly responsible for managing other employees (e.g., hiring/termination and/or pay decisions, performance management).
· Key Requirements:
o Understanding and application of broad range of Digital Factory Applications (i.e. JEMSmm, JEMSpd, JEMScc, Valor, MES, iFactory)
o Understanding of Jabil’s global strategies and direction
o Understanding of site’s facilities, capabilities and how they tie back to the Jabil strategies and direction o Strong financial and analytical ability: § P&L § Planning § Delivery o Proven record of accomplishment of successful change management accomplishments, implementing and management continuous improvements and cost reduction programs o Strong communication skills · Knowledge and understanding of Health and Safety standards & requirements · Understanding of Quality Systems applied to internal manufacturing processes · Proficiency in use of personal computers, Microsoft Office products, Microsoft Visio, Microsoft Project, and AutoCAD skills required
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
· Degree in Industrial, Process or Manufacturing Engineering required (will consider other candidates that meet work experience criteria)
· MS in Process or Industrial Engineering or MBA preferred
· Lean Silver Certificate or Six Sigma Black Belt preferred
· At least 12 years of working experience with 7 years of experience in Manufacturing or related field
· Or an equivalent combination of education, training or experience
Jabil, including its subsidiaries, is an equal opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identify, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
BE AWARE OF FRAUD: When applying for a job at Jabil you will be contacted via correspondence through our official job portal with a jabil.com e-mail address; direct phone call from a member of the Jabil team; or direct e-mail with a jabil.com e-mail address. Jabil does not request payments for interviews or at any other point during the hiring process. Jabil will not ask for your personal identifying information such as a social security number, birth certificate, financial institution, driver’s license number or passport information over the phone or via e-mail. If you believe you are a victim of identity theft, contact your local police department. Any scam job listings should be reported to whatever website it was posted in.