At Jabil we strive to make ANYTHING POSSIBLE and EVERYTHING BETTER. With over 260,000 diverse, talented and dedicated employees across 100 locations in 30 countries, our vision is to be the most technologically advanced and trusted manufacturing solutions provider. We combine an unmatched breadth and depth of end-market experience, technical and design capabilities, manufacturing know-how, supply chain insights and global product management expertise to enable success for the world’s leading brands. We are driven by a common purpose to make a positive impact for each other, our communities, and the environment.
Descripción del Trabajo
Acting as member of global EHS Subject Matter Expert (SME) Team, the EHS SME will support Jabil divisions in the Environmental, Occupational Health/Industrial Hygiene, or Occupational Safety areas. Use SME expertise to drive procedures, programs, processes and systems that help the enterprise achieve zero injuries and illnesses, zero environmental incidents and zero non-conformances within the occupational Environmental function.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
· Provides interpretation of technical EHS subject matter and relevant legal/customer requirements that have global impact at the enterprise
· Working with global EHS Leadership Team, establish clear expectation on enterprise minimum requirement across the company on all EHS SUBJECT MATTER related topics
· Review, update, develop and/or implement Jabil worldwide EHS SUBJECT MATTER standards
· Provide support to divisional EHS team and sites for implementation and technical difficulties upon request
· Develop and maintain training content on specific technical guidelines, Jabil Worldwide EHS SUBJECT MATTER standards or regulatory requirement in the means to support the understanding and implementation of the requirements (train the trainers)
· Collaborate with wider EHS community to monitor EHS SUBJECT MATTER performance within enterprise and identify opportunities for improvement
· Participate in investigations of incidents or near miss events upon request
· Coordinate with the members of corporate EHS team to initiate, develop and execute projects and plans to address major incidents, EHS SUBJECT MATTER risk reduction and compliance projects
· Provide functional leadership in one or more areas of Jabil’s EHS SUBJECT MATTER programs
· Influence the manufacturing organization to improve EHS SUBJECT MATTER knowledge and understanding through various means, including working in cross-functional teams
· Provide specialist consulting in all aspects of EHS SUBJECT MATTER upon request
· Maintain knowledge of codes, standards, and regulations relevant to EHS SUBJECT MATTER field. Actively incorporate that knowledge into Jabil practices
· Participate actively in efforts to continue to develop and mature the EHS culture across the company.
· Incorporate inherently safer design strategies in project design and critical operating systems (Prevention through Design).
· Review projects on request to ensure project objective meets the business needs as well as recognized and generally accepted good engineering practices (ASME, API, ANSI, NEC, NFPA, etc.)
· Perform EHS SUBJECT MATTER assessments and surveys at Jabil sites throughout world
· Support and assist with mergers and acquisitions projects, including but not limited to: conduct or participate in specialized EHS SUBJECT MATTER related assessments at acquisition targets; support acquired sites to ensure efficient integration into Jabil
· Commission and review process EHS SUBJECT MATTER engineering deliverables from engineering contractors and suppliers.
· May join global assessment program as auditor/SME upon request
● Superior knowledge in the regulatory and best practice requirements in a multinational manufacturing environment for one of the following subject matter areas: Environmental, Occupational Health/Industrial Hygiene, or Occupational Safety.
● Experience in a regulated environment.
● Skill in risk based decision making, effectively coordinating and EHS subject matter area and business needs.
● Strong leadership and interpersonal skills; a team orientation, as well as the ability to deal effectively with personnel at all levels (executives, managers, and non-managerial), within and outside the organization.
· Project management experience
· Training & development experience
· Exhibits positivity, passion, integrity, and responsibility.
● Ability to handle multiple, competing priorities.
● Experience working for labor intensive industry is preferred
● Experience working in Asia, EU and US is preferred
● Experience in management of contractors and other technical resources a plus.
· Excellent oral and written communication skills in Chinese (Mandarin); fluency in English strongly preferred
Jabil, including its subsidiaries, is an equal opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identify, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
BE AWARE OF FRAUD: When applying for a job at Jabil you will be contacted via correspondence through our official job portal with a jabil.com e-mail address; direct phone call from a member of the Jabil team; or direct e-mail with a jabil.com e-mail address. Jabil does not request payments for interviews or at any other point during the hiring process. Jabil will not ask for your personal identifying information such as a social security number, birth certificate, financial institution, driver’s license number or passport information over the phone or via e-mail. If you believe you are a victim of identity theft, contact your local police department. Any scam job listings should be reported to whatever website it was posted in.