Descripción del Trabajo
Builds, troubleshoots and maintains test and equipment for dedicated workcell.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
· Operates production test equipment. Monitors and performs calibration of test equipment and testers.
· Diagnoses and repairs failed circuit boards using a variety of diagnostic tools including visual inspection.
· Enters information into a computerized tracking system.
· Collects data and interprets board failures.
· Trains lower level technicians
· Troubleshoots testers, performs tester repairs and maintains test equipment as needed. Changes test fixtures and program changeovers as required by the workcell. Escalates test failure issues to higher- level technicians and manufacturing.
· Diagnoses and repairs failed circuit boards using a variety of diagnostic tools, including visual inspection, oscilloscope, computer terminals, and diagnostic software. Informs the manufacturing supervisors, engineers, and other technicians of failure issues.
· Performs preventative maintenance on and calibration of test equipment and testers. Maintains calibration logs. Assists with the test failure measurement evaluation and analysis process.
· Trains and assists lower- level technicians and test operators. Drives continuous improvement on test yields, work in progress (WIP), test coverage and no problem found (NPF) reductions.
· Gathers, interprets and enters failure data information into computerized tracking system and prepares reports.
· Studies schematics and diagnostic guides to determine the proper functioning of circuit boards/components. Identifies circuit board/component failures and communicates findings to higher level technicians.
· Ensures an adequate supply of testing equipment and parts are available in inventory.
· Operates production test equipment.
· May perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
· Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
· Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
· Ability to operate a personal computer including using a Windows based operating system and related software.
· Advanced PC skills, including training and knowledge of Jabil’s software packages.
· Ability to write simple correspondence. Read and understand visual aid.
· Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out simple one- or two-step instructions.
· Ability to deal with standardized situations with only occasional or no variables.
· Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos.
· Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
· Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret graphs.
BE AWARE OF FRAUD: When applying for a job at Jabil you will be contacted via correspondence through our official job portal with a jabil.com e-mail address; direct phone call from a member of the Jabil team; or direct e-mail with a jabil.com e-mail address. Jabil does not request payments for interviews or at any other point during the hiring process. Jabil will not ask for your personal identifying information such as a social security number, birth certificate, financial institution, driver’s license number or passport information over the phone or via e-mail. If you believe you are a victim of identity theft, contact the Federal Bureau of Investigations internet crime hotline (www.ic3.gov), the Federal Trade Commission identity theft hotline (www.identitytheft.gov) and/or your local police department. Any scam job listings should be reported to whatever website it was posted in.