At Jabil we strive to make ANYTHING POSSIBLE and EVERYTHING BETTER. With over 260,000 diverse, talented and dedicated employees across 100 locations in 30 countries, our vision is to be the most technologically advanced and trusted manufacturing solutions provider. We combine an unmatched breadth and depth of end-market experience, technical and design capabilities, manufacturing know-how, supply chain insights and global product management expertise to enable success for the world’s leading brands. We are driven by a common purpose to make a positive impact for each other, our communities, and the environment.
Descripción del Trabajo
Will manage the Sales and Operations Planning (S&OP) process to achieve the best possible customer delivery performance and optimize the use of inventory, machines and labor. This includes ensuring our planning considers material and capacity availability when providing a commit to our customer and ensuring we collaborate to load an achievable Master Production Schedule.
The role will be assigned to a specific business unit, typically globally such as Cisco, RIM, IBM, etc or may be responsible for a group of business units such as a sector or sub-sector such as medical, instrumentation, etc..
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Supply Chain Planning
· Understands and documents the Sales and Operations Planning process used by the customer(s) and the impact on Jabil’s Master Production Schedule.
· Is responsible for implementing and managing a process that delivers an accurate commit to the customers forecast.
· Is responsible for ensuring an achievable Master Schedule is in place to support both customer requirements and Jabil revenue projections. In developing a solid Master Production Schedule, consideration must be given to materials availability, equipment capability/capacity and staffing.
· Is responsible for ensuring that the Master Production Schedule is loaded in alignment with customer contract(s) and liability agreements so that the materials team maintains conformance to Jabil’s “Rules of the Road.”
· Design, Implements and Manages processes for the following;
o Receipt and recording of demand plan from the customer
o Capacity availability analysis
o Materials availability analysis
o Construction and recording of a commit plan to the customer
o Construction and loading of the Jabil Master Production Schedule
o Selection of Master Production Schedule, Material Requirements Planning or Re-Order Point strategies and setting of parameters
o Setting of buffer / safety stock levels through the production process and supply chain
o Recovery of Excess and Obsolete inventory according to customer contract
· Balances capacity across manufacturing resources and sites as required.
· Ensures the execution and deployment of Jabil’s standard planning strategies and systems where possible, and implement customized solutions where necessary.
· Develops and supervises solid product launch plans for new business, and transfer plans for products being moved between Jabil manufacturing sites.
· Leads and provides strategic direction to the materials team in the business unit(s).
· Main Customer focal point for all Planning activity for the full product lifecycle; New Product Introduction, Volume and End of Life.
· Agree clear communication channels including ownership for regular meetings & conference calls. Determines participation levels, frequencies, recording of outputs, and follow-up.
· Develop relationships directly with customer planning teams(s) and other key participants.
· Gain general business awareness of customer e.g. market, products, sales cycles and promotions, etc.
· Works closely with Jabil Business Unit to support any new or ongoing initiatives.
· Ensure communication of all relevant customer information both internally and to the supply chain as appropriate.
· Ensure constraints in Materials and Capacity are appropriately escalated within the business unit(s) and Supply Chain.
· Ensure all key Jabil tools/templates are utilized for capturing, managing and sharing data.
· Ensure impact of Jabil Master Production Schedule changes are clearly communicated throughout the supply chain.
· Ensures appropriate metrics and reports are published on a consistent and frequent basis.
· Collaborates with the Customer and Jabil’s Operations Team to develop planning solutions that improve Jabil’s performance and service levels and meet the customer’s needs.
· Communicates areas for improvement to Jabil and the Supply chain (as required) based on customer feedback
· Maintain knowledge level of planning systems developments and implement the necessary improvement in their own area.
· Offer a level of flexibility in terms of redeployment when activity level within assigned area is low.
· Comply and follow all procedures within the company security policy.
· May perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
· Demonstrated high performance orientation.
· Strong analytical skills including mathematics, statistics and problem solving.
· Capability to evaluate and mitigate risks in the planning process.
· Proven negotiation skills in dealing with customers and internal challenges
· Ability to lead, motivate, coach and develop others.
· Exercises sound judgment based on factual data and analysis
· Good oral and written communication skills.
· Strong industry knowledge in the related segment they are assigned to.
· Strong Project management, change management and leadership skills.
· Must be able to influence senior management through well formulated business presentations.
· Must have ability and willingness to work and lead focused team within a matrix organization.
· Versed in both spoken and written English.
· Proficiency in use of personal computers, Microsoft Office products (Power BI, Excel, Word and Powerpoint) and e-mail skills required
· Proficiency in the use of SAP Materials Management software and Kinaxis Rapid Response or other related ERP/MRP systems.
Jabil, including its subsidiaries, is an equal opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identify, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
BE AWARE OF FRAUD: When applying for a job at Jabil you will be contacted via correspondence through our official job portal with a jabil.com e-mail address; direct phone call from a member of the Jabil team; or direct e-mail with a jabil.com e-mail address. Jabil does not request payments for interviews or at any other point during the hiring process. Jabil will not ask for your personal identifying information such as a social security number, birth certificate, financial institution, driver’s license number or passport information over the phone or via e-mail. If you believe you are a victim of identity theft, contact your local police department. Any scam job listings should be reported to whatever website it was posted in.