At Jabil we strive to make ANYTHING POSSIBLE and EVERYTHING BETTER. With over 260,000 diverse, talented and dedicated employees across 100 locations in 30 countries, our vision is to be the most technologically advanced and trusted manufacturing solutions provider. We combine an unmatched breadth and depth of end-market experience, technical and design capabilities, manufacturing know-how, supply chain insights and global product management expertise to enable success for the world’s leading brands. We are driven by a common purpose to make a positive impact for each other, our communities, and the environment.
Descripción del Trabajo
The Tooling Supervisor supervises a group of engineers, and/or toolmakers, and technicians. This role assists in scheduling and planning projects. The Tooling Supervisor inputs into the design of tools, including cutting and formatting tool; designs jigs, dies, and fixtures for production or experimental use; inputs to design problems related to material characteristics, dimensional tolerances, service requirements, manufacturing procedures, processes and costs.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
· Assists in carrying out remediation, optimization, maintenance & overhaul projects on existing tool portfolio (prototype single cavity & production multi-cavity tools).
· Applies systematic root cause problem solving involving all stakeholders (including key support department team members & tooling / equipment vendors) to meet customer delivery & product quality objectives in the most cost effective manner.
· Leads the use of lean tools to drive continuous improvement & process reliability on tools
· Works with development services and related areas to support the introduction of new tools to site for new products to ensure high levels of process reliability post PQ.
· Leads overall resolution on post PQ issues, collaborating with development service, related areas, and vendor/supplier stakeholder to meet customer productivity, quality, and where issues arise post PQ, lead overall resolution collaborating with DDS (Development Device Support), new program & Vendor/Supplier stakeholders to meet customer productivity, quality & schedule objectives
· Supports the DDS & New program personnel by providing maintenance design input at design reviews & tooling specification documents
· Ensures all engineering changes are managed through the relevant cGMP procedures including documentation, equipment manuals, QCBD records & CAD drawing controls
· Supervises high performing flexible tooling team to achieve excellent results.
· Provides direction to tooling personnel as appropriate reviewing tool downtime & preventative maintenance data , tool running status, escalations & corrective action to ensure targets are achieved
· May perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
· Recognized tooling apprenticeship or equivalent qualification desirable
· Strong tooling & product design skills with a working knowledge of 2D/3D CAD ProE desirable
· Excellent organizational , systematic root cause problem solving and communication skills
· Motivated , enthusiastic , self-directed & results driven
· Ability to project manage across functional teams involving tooling vendors & suppliers
· Knowledge of Lean continuous improvement techniques including statistics & DOE
· Knowledge of polymer materials & injection molding processing
· High level of cGMP in ISO13485 environment, safe working practices and awareness.
· Working knowledge of Microsoft Office, MS Project & Asset management systems
· Proficiency in use of personal computers, Microsoft Office products (Excel, Word and PowerPoint) and e-mail skills required.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
· Bachelor’s degree required. Master’s degree preferred. Engineering or related disciplines preferred.
· Minimum 2 years of tooling maintenance in injection molding environment strongly preferred
· Supervisory/Lead experience in tool shop desired
· Level 7 or 8 HETAC Mechanical Engineering or equivalent qualification preferred
· Or a combination of education, experience and/or training.
Jabil, including its subsidiaries, is an equal opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identify, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
BE AWARE OF FRAUD: When applying for a job at Jabil you will be contacted via correspondence through our official job portal with a jabil.com e-mail address; direct phone call from a member of the Jabil team; or direct e-mail with a jabil.com e-mail address. Jabil does not request payments for interviews or at any other point during the hiring process. Jabil will not ask for your personal identifying information such as a social security number, birth certificate, financial institution, driver’s license number or passport information over the phone or via e-mail. If you believe you are a victim of identity theft, contact the Federal Bureau of Investigations internet crime hotline (www.ic3.gov), the Federal Trade Commission identity theft hotline (www.identitytheft.gov) and/or your local police department. Any scam job listings should be reported to whatever website it was posted in.