At Jabil we strive to make ANYTHING POSSIBLE and EVERYTHING BETTER. With over 260,000 diverse, talented and dedicated employees across 100 locations in 30 countries, our vision is to be the most technologically advanced and trusted manufacturing solutions provider. We combine an unmatched breadth and depth of end-market experience, technical and design capabilities, manufacturing know-how, supply chain insights and global product management expertise to enable success for the world’s leading brands. We are driven by a common purpose to make a positive impact for each other, our communities, and the environment.
Descripción del Trabajo
Leads the Mfg Eng team on design reviews, process development, new product introductions/transfers and engineering projects for complex Medical Devices. Supports quoting efforts. Responsible for following the Product Life Cycle process from design service agreement to production launch. Will support project review gates with internal and external customers. Facilitate and execute DVT builds in design labs to represent production equivalent protocols.
Responsible for planning, training and transfer with the Engineering, Business and planning teams of off-shore sites
Works with management on roadmap and capability requirements
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Works with Internal and External (Customer) Design Teams to meet build and Quality requirements
- Manage multiple programs at different stages of the development cycle
- Interface with the customer to support and make recommendations to their pre-release documentation to ensure appropriate alignment with operations requirements and materials sourcing
- Works with NPI team to define and solution traceability requirements and configuration management
- Works with BU leaders to align build plans and transfer requirements
- Participates in off-site transfer planning, training and start ups to manage a transfer handshake between Design and Operations
- Works with production transfer Engineers to learn and prepare for DVT/PVT builds by documenting change requirements and future actions to aid in the transfer
- Works with Engineering team to layout and commission the internal manufacturing work area and materials storage to meet requirements
- Supports trouble-shooting activities and data/knowledge collection/ management activities with Test
- Ensures that Visual Aids are complete and adhered to. Updates for improvements are made based on manufacturing flow, inspection requirements and yield results
- Facilitates DFX findings back to the appropriate Engineers
- Guides the input from design FMEAs to develop process FMEAs
- Support the assessment of resource loading and task assignment to accomplish the job to schedule
- Manage relationships with contract agencies
- Contribute to the cost management effort by supporting forecast review and visibility to changes in budget
- Provide planning and leadership for the receipt and controls of materials
- Engage with 3rd party services for outsourcing of prototype subassemblies. Oversee agreements and requirements.
- Develop RACI’s to help clarify responsibilities across the broader teams and drive accountability
- Manage typical transfer challenges and cultural barriers to facilitate successful transfer to sites in Shanghai, Shenzhen, Penang, CUU, and Dominican.
- Support the transfer of manufacturing to the production site through and extended launch schedule to ensure sustainability
- Identify creative ways to reduce cost by streamlining processes and systems (i.e. modification of responsibilities or consolidation of tasks, elimination of non-value-added processes, or complete re-engineering of processes and systems).
- Utilize tools to monitor departmental cost and cost trends, striving continuously to improve value.
- Provide feedback to peers (Engineering Services Staff) on cost and cost trends.
- Demonstrate a commitment to customer service; anticipate, meet and exceed expectations by solving problems quickly and effectively; making customer issues a priority.
- Establish new measurement systems if/where possible.
- Solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
- Interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram or schedule form.
- Work concurrently with Jabil CAD Services, Design Engineering, Business Unit Management, Manufacturing, Test, Purchasing, and Quality departments through the design phase of a program.
- Work to provide a design that not only meets the customer’s criteria, but is also of high quality, cost effective, and manufacturability.
- Provide Business Unit Management / Business Development/PM’s/Functional Mgt. with timely and accurate VAVE quotations to aid in the quoting process.
- Oversee the defining of procedures and practices to determine appropriate action.
- Provide support to the Engineering Services Department through participation in the continuous improvement effort and promotion of a “Quality First” attitude.
- Present capabilities and results to both internal and external customers.
MANAGEMENT & SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES
- Typically reports to Management. Direct supervisor job title(s) typically include: Engineering Director
- Job will be directly responsible for managing other employees (e.g., hiring/termination and/or pay decisions, performance management). Job title example(s) of employees (full time and contract) indirectly supervised: Process Engineers, Materials /Inventory Staff, and Technicians.
- Prototype and NPI skillsets in complex electromechanical and fluidics systems
- Production sustaining and IE optimization of manufacturing lines
- Extensive experience working with NPI release documentation in need of redlines, updates, spec review and change control
- High level of cGMP in ISO13485 environment, safe working practices and awareness.
- Familiar with plastic joining techniques – laser, USW, chemical bonding
- Experienced with incoming materials, receiving inspection, materials management and kitting strategies for prototypes
- Program management visibility to manufacturing readiness and clean to start requirements
- Experience in production transfer and readiness
- Experience with operator training programs and development of robust visual aid
- Lean Six sigma training. Quality first mentality and development of robust inspection strategies
- IQ, OQ, PQ protocols, testing, Gage R&R, validations, rationales
- Development of trouble-shooting guides for manufacturing operations
- Budget forecasting management
- Proven track record of successful change management accomplishments, implementing and management continuous productivity and cost reduction programs.
- Proficiency in use of personal computers, Microsoft Office products (Excel, Word and PowerPoint) and e-mail skills required. Microsoft project and complex task resource scheduling. CAD, Windchill and SAP experience preferred
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
- Bachelor's Degree required.
- Degree in Electrical, Industrial or Mechanical Engineering discipline.
- Minimum of 10-12 years work-related experience required, preferably in an NPI Manufacturing, engineering environment
- Experience with hemodialysis or fluidics-based equipment manufacturing, testing and trouble-shooting preferred.
- Engineering Team leadership preferred
- Or a combination of education, experience and/or training.
Jabil, including its subsidiaries, is an equal opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identify, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
BE AWARE OF FRAUD: When applying for a job at Jabil you will be contacted via correspondence through our official job portal with a jabil.com e-mail address; direct phone call from a member of the Jabil team; or direct e-mail with a jabil.com e-mail address. Jabil does not request payments for interviews or at any other point during the hiring process. Jabil will not ask for your personal identifying information such as a social security number, birth certificate, financial institution, driver’s license number or passport information over the phone or via e-mail. If you believe you are a victim of identity theft, contact your local police department. Any scam job listings should be reported to whatever website it was posted in.