At Jabil we strive to make ANYTHING POSSIBLE and EVERYTHING BETTER. With over 260,000 diverse, talented and dedicated employees across 100 locations in 30 countries, our vision is to be the most technologically advanced and trusted manufacturing solutions provider. We combine an unmatched breadth and depth of end-market experience, technical and design capabilities, manufacturing know-how, supply chain insights and global product management expertise to enable success for the world’s leading brands. We are driven by a common purpose to make a positive impact for each other, our communities, and the environment.
Descripción del Trabajo
Working with the Device and Development Support (DDS) department to perform non-routine and/or complex assignments involving supporting the engineer to complete projects of relatively limited scope or a portion of a larger and more diverse project. Applying advanced technical knowledge to provide a supporting role for equipment set-up and troubleshooting, manual and semi-automated assembly integration, and fixture development. Providing direct support to the engineer with various project tasks as needed from verbal and written instructions.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Performs diversified and complex manual assembly and mechanical duties.
- Performs a variety of diagnostic troubleshooting activities on assembly and test equipment.
- Provides a supporting role in fixture development and improvement from protype to production.
- Make recommendations to process assembly development and improvements.
- Assists in resolving technical process assembly challenges and aids in device builds.
- Sets up manual and semi-automatic assembly lines and assists in operating pre-production runs.
- Assists in cross-training personnel to transition project from development to production.
- Assists with IQ, OQ on equipment, including conducting test protocols and documenting results.
- Documents work performed utilizing database management system and/or written reports as per department procedure.
- Provides input to engineering staff on areas for assembly and equipment improvements.
- Assists with projects as needed, by utilizing specialized knowledge and skills to ensure that the goals of DDS are achieved in a cost-effective and efficient manner.
- Collaborates with an internal team of multidisciplinary clientele to deliver a full range of quality services including: device builds, equipment set-up, process documentation, and fixture development.
- Supports all company safety and quality programs and initiatives.
- Other responsibilities may be assigned from time to time as needed, based on the evolution of the company and the requirements of the department/position.
- May perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Ability to read and understand drawings.
- Ability to operate various equipment including: laser welder, ultrasonic elder, heat staker and reflow system.
- Ability to perform manual device assembly using a microscope.
- Ability to perform soldering of small electrical components.
- Ability to use advances trades mathematics together with use of complex drawings, specifications and charts.
- Ability to analyze and clearly communicate technical issues to the engineer.
- Ability to operate with efficiency and sense of urgency.
- Willingness to learn and adapt to changing environments.
- Ability to multitask and prioritize.
- Must be able to apply judgement to perform more difficult assembly builds with the use of complex drawings, specifications and charts.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
- High school diploma with a minimum of 6 years experience required, preferably in a medical device assembly environment.
- Laser welding and soldering experience required. Laser welding and IPC certification a plus.
- SolidWorks experience desired.
- Excellent organizational, problem-solving and communication skills a must.
- Strong computer skills with the ability to use Microsoft Office – Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook.
- Proven ability to work under minimal supervision, solve complex problems and provide unparalleled process assembly solutions.
Jabil, including its subsidiaries, is an equal opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identify, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
BE AWARE OF FRAUD: When applying for a job at Jabil you will be contacted via correspondence through our official job portal with a jabil.com e-mail address; direct phone call from a member of the Jabil team; or direct e-mail with a jabil.com e-mail address. Jabil does not request payments for interviews or at any other point during the hiring process. Jabil will not ask for your personal identifying information such as a social security number, birth certificate, financial institution, driver’s license number or passport information over the phone or via e-mail. If you believe you are a victim of identity theft, contact the Federal Bureau of Investigations internet crime hotline (www.ic3.gov), the Federal Trade Commission identity theft hotline (www.identitytheft.gov) and/or your local police department. Any scam job listings should be reported to whatever website it was posted in.