At Jabil we strive to make ANYTHING POSSIBLE and EVERYTHING BETTER. With over 260,000 diverse, talented and dedicated employees across 100 locations in 30 countries, our vision is to be the most technologically advanced and trusted manufacturing solutions provider. We combine an unmatched breadth and depth of end-market experience, technical and design capabilities, manufacturing know-how, supply chain insights and global product management expertise to enable success for the world’s leading brands. We are driven by a common purpose to make a positive impact for each other, our communities, and the environment.
Descripción del Trabajo
The Data Scientist I is a statistical analyst well versed in various analytical disciplines, such as linear and constraint programming, modeling, simulation, time series analysis, text analytics, multivariate analysis, and other various predictive analytics techniques. This role will have experience querying and analyzing large data sets using traditional structured data base tools and “big data” tools for unstructured data to generate actionable insights and solutions.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
● Work as part of a data science, business intelligence, and/or business analytics team to produce predictive and/or statistical models and algorithms or statistical engines for input to key business applications. (e.g. InControl 2.0, R, Azure ML, Minitab, Python, SaS, IBM SPSS)
● Take direction from senior data scientists and/or IT Technical Leads on model creation where required.
● Participate in team stand ups, meetings and brainstorming activities.
● Demonstrates a commitment to customer service; anticipates, meets, and exceeds expectations by solving problems quickly and effectively; making customer issues a priority.
● Work on teams with business/functional stakeholders to help make data driven decisions
● Understand and embrace the business and IT strategic direction.
- Work closely with factory teams to understand and collect business and operation requirements and criteria.
● Design and build solutions using advanced AI/ML algorithms to resolve business pain points.
● Develop solutions that best fit Jabil Manufacturing's needs, to support the cost reduction of manufacturing.
● Work with others in IT collaboratively to ensure the solution is holistically fitted into the overall IT Strategy.
● Design the build algorithm solutions to be reusable under similar situations.
● As a team, develop and build an AI algorithm library that's available to Jabil internally and provides reusability and reduce redundancies
● Work closely with factory teams to understand and collect business and operation requirements and criteria.
● May perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned
● Advanced Statistics, operations research/ management, mathematics or business analytics with experience, courses, or project work in an analytic methods such as linear, mixed linear, constraint programming, modeling, simulation, time series analysis, pattern recognition, queuing theory, multivariate analysis, and other various predictive analytics techniques
● Strong written and verbal communication skills and the ability to work effectively in teams and under pressure. Multi-lingual capability is a plus.
● Ability to draw conclusions from data and prescribe actionable and measurable activities.
● Highly motivated and creative, thinking “out of the box”.
● Familiarity with non-relational data frameworks.
● Experience with big data applications and machine learning applications.
● Strong team mentality, interpersonal and communications skills
● Enthusiasm and ability to seek out and learn new technologies and algorithms outside of your immediate toolset/knowledge to solve business problems where required.
Jabil, including its subsidiaries, is an equal opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identify, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
BE AWARE OF FRAUD: When applying for a job at Jabil you will be contacted via correspondence through our official job portal with a jabil.com e-mail address; direct phone call from a member of the Jabil team; or direct e-mail with a jabil.com e-mail address. Jabil does not request payments for interviews or at any other point during the hiring process. Jabil will not ask for your personal identifying information such as a social security number, birth certificate, financial institution, driver’s license number or passport information over the phone or via e-mail. If you believe you are a victim of identity theft, contact your local police department. Any scam job listings should be reported to whatever website it was posted in.