At Jabil we strive to make ANYTHING POSSIBLE and EVERYTHING BETTER. With over 260,000 diverse, talented and dedicated employees across 100 locations in 30 countries, our vision is to be the most technologically advanced and trusted manufacturing solutions provider. We combine an unmatched breadth and depth of end-market experience, technical and design capabilities, manufacturing know-how, supply chain insights and global product management expertise to enable success for the world’s leading brands. We are driven by a common purpose to make a positive impact for each other, our communities, and the environment.
Descripción del Trabajo
Responsible to control production batches, being the interface of planning and inventory control to have the proper mix and quantity produced to satisfy finish goods production plan, preventing over production of units to minimize Jabil liability and continuously improve the performance of the WIP DII (Materials KPI).
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Work with Planning and IC to minimize the excess of inventory in the production line, such as semi-finish goods and raw material.
• Leads order processing activities for major customer units.
• Advises non-exempt associates regarding day-to-day priority of customer requests.
• Monitors and proactively addresses issues that impact performance to committed ship date (CSD), lead-time, response time, and inventory goals.
• Coordinates with Master Scheduler to manage product life cycle and related materials availability issues.
• Drives process improvements inside and outside the area of Order Management.
• Plans, schedules, coordinates and approves product release to the production planning systems based on material and capacity availability.
• Supervise production launches, eliminations and engineering changes to assure the production plan comply Customer deliverables and avoid material obsolescence or intermediate storage accordingly.
• Support banking / buffering activities along with volume changes.
• Daily contact with supervisors and production leaders to monitor production plan, as well as being the link between Master Planner, Inventory Control and Manufacturing, for a correct execution and plan fulfillment.
• Provides input to management, reschedules, and /or interfaces with customer program management, master scheduling, customers and production control to reschedule production in the event of design changes, labor and material shortages, backlogs, and other potential schedule interruptions.
• May also support inventory control, supply chain management, material planning, and scheduling.
MANAGEMENT & SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES
•Typically reports to Management. Direct supervisor job title(s) typically include: Materials Manager, Asst Materials Manager, Planning Manager, Asst Planning Manager, Planning Supervisor, Production Control Supervisor.
•Job is NOT directly responsible for managing other employees (e.g., hiring/termination and/or pay decisions, performance management).
• Thorough knowledge of ERP/MRP
• 3-4 years of Materials-related experience.
• Advanced PC skills including knowledge of Jabil's software packages
• Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
• Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
• Ability to operate a personal computer including using a Windows based operating system and related software.
• Advanced PC skills, including training and knowledge of Jabil’s software packages.
• Ability to write simple correspondence. Read and understand visual aid.
• Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out simple one- or two-step instructions.
• Ability to deal with standardized situations with only occasional or no variables.
• Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos.
• Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
• Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret graphs.
• Ability to understand manufacturing process
• The physical demands describes here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Individual may be required to stand or walk for extended periods of time. Reaching, bending, and lifting up to 50 lbs.
• The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those and employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Individual’s workstation is located in the stockroom on the manufacturing floor. The noise level in the work environment is moderate.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
•Bachelor’s Degree required
•3-4 years of experience in materials function
•APICS Certification Preferred
Jabil, including its subsidiaries, is an equal opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identify, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
BE AWARE OF FRAUD: When applying for a job at Jabil you will be contacted via correspondence through our official job portal with a jabil.com e-mail address; direct phone call from a member of the Jabil team; or direct e-mail with a jabil.com e-mail address. Jabil does not request payments for interviews or at any other point during the hiring process. Jabil will not ask for your personal identifying information such as a social security number, birth certificate, financial institution, driver’s license number or passport information over the phone or via e-mail. If you believe you are a victim of identity theft, contact your local police department. Any scam job listings should be reported to whatever website it was posted in.