At Jabil we strive to make ANYTHING POSSIBLE and EVERYTHING BETTER. With over 260,000 diverse, talented and dedicated employees across 100 locations in 30 countries, our vision is to be the most technologically advanced and trusted manufacturing solutions provider. We combine an unmatched breadth and depth of end-market experience, technical and design capabilities, manufacturing know-how, supply chain insights and global product management expertise to enable success for the world’s leading brands. We are driven by a common purpose to make a positive impact for each other, our communities, and the environment.
Descripción del Trabajo
The Senior Cost Accountant will provide accurate and timely reporting and analysis of Sales, Material Costs, and Material Margins.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Act as the lead on financial related projects
- Provide guidance to other staff members regarding related projects
- Review the accuracy of Inventory valuation on the Balance Sheet in a Standard Cost environment.
- Explain the components that represent the difference between Actual and Forecasted Material Margins, reported by program.
- Perform analyses for management on an ad hoc and recurring basis.
- Drive continuous improvement through trend reporting analysis and metrics management.
- Assess the adequacy of data gathering methods utilized by purchasing, inventory control, or production planning.
- Assure that procedures and work instructions are efficient and not redundant.
- Offer new ideas and suggestions for improvement.
- Identify and implement new practices and processes that are “best in field.”
- Meet deadlines even when dealing with frequent interruptions and additional as well as changing priorities.
- Ensure accurate reporting.
- Perform standard cost roll ups for existing and new part numbers in the SAP system
- Analysis and Management of Material Variances including PPV, Bulk Variance and revaluation variances
- Analysis and Management of E&O inventories and Blocked material reserves
- Analysis and follow up of NRE expenses to ensure accurate reporting and tracking
- Participate in Physical Inventories and Cycle Counts as needed
- Demonstrate a commitment to customer service; anticipate, meet, and exceed expectations by solving problems quickly and effectively; making customer issues a priority.
- Establish new measurement systems if/where appropriate.
- Maintain controls and discipline compliant with Jabil standards.
- Exchange knowledge and information with other Jabil facilities to ensure best practices are shared throughout the Jabil organization.
- Ensure 100% adherence to all company policies and procedures (i.e. Health and Safety, Quality).
- Ensure all sensitive and confidential information is handled appropriately.
- Create reports on materials to supply to BUMs and WCMs in order to identify better pricing opportunities.
- Adhere to all safety and health rules and regulations associated with this position and as directed by supervisor.
- Comply and follow all procedures within the company security policy.
MANAGEMENT & SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES
- Typically reports to Management. Direct supervisor job title(s) typically include: Plant Controller, Site Controller
- Job is NOT directly responsible for managing other employees (e.g., hiring/termination and/or pay decisions, performance management).
- Advanced PC skills, including training and knowledge of Jabil’s software packages (Advanced Excel skills a must)
- Ability to work under pressure and able to do conflict management
- Advanced PC skills including knowledge of Jabil's software packages
- Proficient Verbal and Written English Skill
- Knowledge and understanding of Health and Safety standards & requirements
- Proficiency in use of personal computers, Microsoft Office products, Microsoft Visio, Microsoft Project skills required.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
- Minimum 5 years of working experience in accounting.
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or finance
- MBA and/or CPA is preferred.
- Or an equivalent combination of education, training or experience
Jabil, including its subsidiaries, is an equal opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identify, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
BE AWARE OF FRAUD: When applying for a job at Jabil you will be contacted via correspondence through our official job portal with a jabil.com e-mail address; direct phone call from a member of the Jabil team; or direct e-mail with a jabil.com e-mail address. Jabil does not request payments for interviews or at any other point during the hiring process. Jabil will not ask for your personal identifying information such as a social security number, birth certificate, financial institution, driver’s license number or passport information over the phone or via e-mail. If you believe you are a victim of identity theft, contact your local police department. Any scam job listings should be reported to whatever website it was posted in.