At Jabil we strive to make ANYTHING POSSIBLE and EVERYTHING BETTER. With over 260,000 diverse, talented and dedicated employees across 100 locations in 30 countries, our vision is to be the most technologically advanced and trusted manufacturing solutions provider. We combine an unmatched breadth and depth of end-market experience, technical and design capabilities, manufacturing know-how, supply chain insights and global product management expertise to enable success for the world’s leading brands. We are driven by a common purpose to make a positive impact for each other, our communities, and the environment.
Descripción del Trabajo
Business Unit Project/Program Manager works independently and leads large scale projects/programs for a designated client typically related to quality assurance, systems, manufacturing operations, etc. to achieve internal and external customer satisfaction. Uses extensive knowledge and skills obtained through education and experience to lead large or multiple projects / programs with significant scope and impact. Works independently on difficult assignments that are broad in nature requiring originality and ingenuity with appreciable latitude for un-reviewed actions or decisions. Provides comprehensive solutions to complex problems. Results are evaluated at agreed upon milestones for effectiveness in achieving specified results. Extensive contact with internal and external customers is required to obtain, clarify or provide facts and information.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
· Responsible for oversight of key projects or for multiple, related projects / programs aligned with an assigned Business Unit’s strategy.
· Manages projects/programs under assigned Business Unit direction.
· Demonstrates knowledge and skill in leading and directing project teams and in delivering project results within the constraints of schedule, budget and resources.
· Manages key customer programs less P&L responsibility.
· Provides customer with Jabil point of contact and interface.
· Works with internal and external customers to provide excellent customer satisfaction and exceed customer expectations.
· Leads and implements specific programs both internal and external to Jabil that span functions, organizations,
geographic regions and cultures.
· Leads and manages the development of specific products through the various stages of the product lifecycle from concept to end-of-life.
· May perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
· Broad manufacturing knowledge (i.e. materials, processes, test, logistics)
· Jabil tools (Financial system, quote process, etc.)
· Strong Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) skills
· Fundamental knowledge of cost accounting principles
· Strong Supply Chain Management skills
· Strong project and/or program management skills
· Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
· Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
· Ability to operate a personal computer including using a Windows based operating system and related software.
· Advanced PC skills, including training and knowledge of Jabil’s software packages.
· Ability to write simple correspondence. Read and understand visual aid.
· Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out simple one- or two-step instructions.
· Ability to deal with standardized situations with only occasional or no variables.
· Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos.
· Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
· Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret graphs.
Jabil, including its subsidiaries, is an equal opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identify, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
This is an opportunity to enter into the Business Department. The position is for working in the New Customer Quoting area, Strategic Reports and Procedure requirements. There is the opportunity to further growth in the BU organization.
BE AWARE OF FRAUD: When applying for a job at Jabil you will be contacted via correspondence through our official job portal with a jabil.com e-mail address; direct phone call from a member of the Jabil team; or direct e-mail with a jabil.com e-mail address. Jabil does not request payments for interviews or at any other point during the hiring process. Jabil will not ask for your personal identifying information such as a social security number, birth certificate, financial institution, driver’s license number or passport information over the phone or via e-mail. If you believe you are a victim of identity theft, contact your local police department. Any scam job listings should be reported to whatever website it was posted in.